Sunday, February 26, 2006
Being sick...
Being sick sucks. Yesterday I had an amazing, incredibly fun day of shopping at the outlet centers just north of Seattle. It was such a great day that today was an incredible let down. We went to church-our friends' baby was dedicated! THAT was good-and when we got home we had tuna sandwiches and nachos. Those are both normal, everyday foods that I have made hundreds of times. For some reason today they are making me sick! Maybe I already had a touch of the flu coming on but let me just say, today has not been a fun day. :( I hate being sick. I'm such a big baby and all I do is lay on the couch and watch TV. That's pretty much all I can do. Sitting at the computer now is a big accomplishment for me! Kevin, my sweetie, went to the store and bought me some 7 up and that seems to be helping. Does it really help or is it all just in my head? My mom always gave me 7 up when I was sick like this and I swear it helped. Maybe it's like a placebo pill, we THINK we're getting medicine, therefore it helps. Maybe just having the 7 up makes me think of my mom, and THAT makes me feel better. Who knows, but here's to hoping I'm better tomorrow. Missing work is never easy. I'm off to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Sorry you're sick, Stace :( The flu or flu-like symptoms are the worst ;) I still remember my worst incident to date (freshman year) with the food poisoning. I remember you sleeping in my room just in case I awoke to more yucky stuff...and then when my illustrious roomie came in smelling of cigarettes and beer...all of my progress was reversed very quickly! Ahh the memories...get better soon :)
ReplyDeleteI agree. The ONLY time I even half-way like 7up is when I am sick with the flu! Same way with a cold. The ONLY time I like chicken noodle soup is when I have a cold, and then it HAS to be the Lipton's Chicken Noodle in the pouches from the box, 2 in a box, just like mom use to fix!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you are sick, hope you are better today!