Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Funny Aside

Okay, I know that husbands and wives really come to understand one another the further they get in marriage and there are even points when they seem to know what the other is thinking with just a look but tonight it went beyond that.

Just a few moments ago I was spending my time reading through the blogs of friends and catching up. I'm basically just waiting for Kevin. He's in playoff hockey mode and he has been watching the games on the TV in the front room all night as I have watched American Idol, Law and Order and other shows in the back room.

Just moments ago he was in the bathroom brushing his teeth. He came in to the computer room while brushing his teeth and I asked, "Ready for bed?" Since his toothbrush was in his mouth, he proceeded to tell me his plans with his "sign language." He often does this, and I am always amazed when I understand what he's saying. Here's how it went:

Me: Ready for bed honey?

Him: Picture Kevin shaking his head no, with his toothbrush in his mouth, foam at the sides.

Me: No?

Him: Now picture him shaking his head and making circle motions with his hand, followed by the repeated motions of him making a "t" with his hands.

Me: What? I have no idea what you just said.

Him: Picture the same as above, but now he is also hopping from foot to foot, meanwhile he is still making the hand motions and foaming at the mouth.

Me: T? What? I don't get it?

Him: Again, the same as above with even more exaggerated hopping from foot to foot...still no change in the hand motions or foaming at the mouth.

Me: Overtime? The game is in overtime?

Him: Vigorous nodding, followed by his hand holding up two fingers. Remember, he's still foaming at the mouth.

Me: Oh, the game is in double overtime?

Him: Again, vigorous nodding. He then moves into the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste and rinse his mouth.

At this point, I began to laugh out loud and realize that I must blog about this funny event. It's a day in our normal lives! By the way, he's now watching double overtime as I finish up the episode of Law and Order and blog. Ah, the life of a happily married couple! Pure bliss! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...Law and Order. I just figured out that I can download the most recent episodes onto my iPod, and then I watch them when I take the train to my boyfriend's.

    And I think 2 TV's is a recipe for a happy marriage!For my boyfriend and me it is two computers: so that we can both be online at the same time, and not have to wait on each other for emailing and surfing purposes.

    And you are a genius to not only figure out husband-sigh-language...but ice hockey related sign language!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO funny! I can just picture it! We love having our own laptops now! I never have to wait for online access and it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers