Monday, May 29, 2006

Bleh...ick...and Ugh

I hate being sick. Last night before bed I was feeling a little queasy. I attributed this feeling to the birthday party we had attended that day and the birthday cake I had eaten just a few hours before. That, I thought, combined with the sunflower seeds I had consumed during our double header softball games, was the root of the evil brewing in my stomach. I was sure that when I woke up in the morning all would be well. Oh, I was far from the truth.

I woke up at various times throughout the night feeling quite icky-for lack of a better term-and at about 5 this morning I woke up and could actually FEEL and HEAR my stomach rumbling. The next hour was spent...well, I'll spare you the details. I DID NOT want to miss school though. It is crunch time, that time of year when it is difficult to miss a day. There is so much to do! I resolutely made up my mind. I was going to school. I got up-even though I had actually already been up for over an hour-and took a shower, hoping against hopes that this would make me feel better. After I finished my shower, I only felt worse, and my lack of energy combined with the dizzyness in my head and my still rumbling stomach forced me to call for a TOC. I have to say now...I think it was a good choice.

I have spent the day eating nothing but a piece of toast, which without going into detail I can tell you did not go over well, and drinking 7Up. Luckily, we had some on hand...my loving husband was ill with the same symptoms all last week. Hmmm...

So, here I am, at almost 2:30 p.m. STILL in my pjs and still with a rumbling stomach. I have managed to make it from the bed to the couch. After hibernating there for several hours-in between my jaunts to the loo-I decided to try to make some contact with the outside world. Hello world! Hopefully this is just a 24 hour thing and you will see me happily posting about how great I feel tomorrow. Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor thing! Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers