Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Best Wishes Lacy!

My good friend Lacy J is heading to Sri Lanka on Thursday. I can't wait for her to go! She's so excited about this trip, and here's why. It's not because it's a vacation, because it isn't. It's not because of the gorgeous beaches, because although her group will be staying near the ocean, she won't be spending her day in it. It's not because of the chance to buy some cheap goods, because she won't have much time to be at the market. It's because Lacy will be doing what Lacy does best, giving to others!

Lacy is one of the kindest, most joyful, most loving people I know. I consider myself lucky and honoured that she calls me her close friend. Lacy is the eternal optimist. She always has a great big smile for those around her and her laugh is completely contagious. The people of Sri Lanka are blessed that she is going to be sharing it with them!

Yep, Lacy is leaving on Thursday and she won't be back until June 19th. She's going wtih a large group of other people and they will be working at an orphanage. They'll be doing mostly manual labour, adding on a section to the orphanage that sadly very much needs the extra room. The part that I'm most excited about for Lacy is the opportunity for her to use her people skills. She has an amazing way of making anyone that she meets feel like they have known her forever. I know that she will use those skills to work her way into the hearts of those orphans. I'm a little bit worried for Lacy, though, because if I know her like I think I do, she will leave part of her heart behind with them when she goes.

Lacy, we'll be praying for you! God is going to use you in mighty ways! We love you so much...use that great big smile and that crazy laugh! We wish you nothing but joy and blessings for your time in Sri Lanka. Open your heart and let God use you to bless others! You do it so well!

1 comment:

  1. That is so inspiring! I think I would like to look into doing something like that too! I wish your friend a great trip and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers