Monday, June 12, 2006

A Weekend Getaway

This weekend we celebrated our second anniversary. That's right! We have made it through two years of wedded bliss. While it hasn't been without its trials at times overall marriage has been, by far, the best decision of my life. I am constantly amazed by my husband and our relationship...but I'll post more on that some other time. Today I want to talk about our little romantic rendevous!

We decided to head up to Kelowna to celebrate our anniversary. Even though the actual date isn't for another month, when that time comes we are both going to be pretty busy, so we decided to take advantage of this weekend and get away together.

Kelowna is about a three and a half hour drive from us. It's in the mountains and right on the gorgeous Lake Okanagan. I hadn't really been to Kelowna before, just through it on my way to other places, so I was excited to check it out. We have some good friends there and we decided to spend the first night with them to catch up. After that we would go golfing on Saturday and then have our own romantic dinner and night at the gorgeous Lake Okanagan resort. I have to say, it was everything I hoped it would be! Here are some photos highlighting our trip.

We're on our way...with Kevin driving as always. I hate driving long distances now. I've turned into such a...city girl?

Some of the scenery along the Coquihalla...it's beautiful, isn't it?

Our wonderful hosts for the first night, Michelle and Brent. It was really great to catch up with them. Actually, it was the first time I had spent any real time with them. Kevin has known Michelle for years! Spending time with them made us wish that we lived closer.

Getting ready to go golfing! We went at Shannon Lake...it was really nice.

Out on the course...

Riding along in the cart


The friendly course vermin...is that how you spell it?


Was it a good shot, Kev?


Pretending to clean my ball...actually, I think I really was cleaning it. It rained twice while we were on the course, so some places were a wee bit muddy. We still had a blast though and got some good sunshine in between the rain!

Scenes of Lake Okanagan on the way to the Resort



All dressed up and ready for our romantic dinner

After dinner we set up our camera and tried to use the timer function to take some shots of ourselves...I think it worked all right!


Our lovely room


Our Chalet


The lower balcony is ours.

On the way home we took a little side road and came across this lovely little lake. We stopped to stretch our legs. Doesn't Kev look cute?


Overall it was a really wonderful weekend. Spending all of that time in the car gave us time to talk and catch up, as life has been pretty busy lately. As I said before, I'm constantly amazed by what a wonderul husband Kevin is. It has been so neat to see both of us grow and change for the better in the last two years. I can't wait to see what the future brings!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice weekend! Today is 8 years for us! Whoa! And how are we celebrating? I am going to a huge MK meeting in Rockford and Jamey is going to be working at the church. I actually think we won't be getting to go out together on a date for our anniversary at all this year, unless we decide to celebrate it late, after we drop the kids off with mom and dad in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Thanks for sharing your fun with us, Stace! You look GORGEOUS in all of the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And don't you look cute in your golfing outfit! Looks like you guys had an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 2 years! In some ways it seems short and others like it's been forever since your wedding. I'm happy for you guys. And I want to get together soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers