Sunday, December 10, 2006

Stuff

I know, it's very much unlike an English teacher to title a comment stuff, but give me a break. It's 1:24 a.m. The only reason I am up, is because 1. I am crazy and 2. Kevin is not yet home from his hockey game. I haven't seen him really since yesterday morning and I miss him, so I'm waiting for him.

I don't really know how to describe this week in paragraph form, so I'm just going to copy this idea from my friend Laura and use bullet form.
  • Whoa, what a week. It had ups and downs and I can't believe I am sitting at the computer at this time, typing on my blog. I must be truly nuts.
  • This week was a rough one for me. For some reason I was an emotional basket case. If I wasn't crying, I felt like crying. I was tired, grouchy, and easily irritated. Good thing I have such a sweet, understanding husband. He must have gone to some kind of "How to be a Good Husband" school or something, because he is pretty darn good! Thanks for your patience this week Honey! You're a superhero! Seriously. I know you guys think I'm kidding, but Kev doesn't really like to show his SuperKev outfit off very often. He's very humble and shy.
  • On Tuesday I went to the dentist. Ouch...that's all I have to say. The freezing didn't completely work the first time and when he started to work on my teeth he hit one spot that nearly made me jump out of the chair so he had to give me a second shot of freezing. Ouch. My mouth is STILL sore. Some of you don't know this, but I have a child-sized mouth, seriously. They actually use the kid-sized tray on me for fluoride and stuff. That being said, keeping my mouth open wide enough for the work to be done for over an hour gave me a major pain in my jaw. Sorry, I'll stop complaining now, but I'm not kidding, it STILL hurts!
  • After the above appointment, we had our Bible study. I had to go to Bible study with a half-working mouth. It was funny, I'm sure, but I felt rather silly. The left side of my face was a bit puffy, and that side of my mouth also didn't work. Needless to say, I didn't have much to contribute on Tuesday night but I STILL love my small group. They are so amazing! Next week we are going on the Christmas train!
  • Tuesday was also when all of the excitement started. My friend Jen, who was pregnant with her first child, went in for a normal check up. She was supposed to be due on January 13. Her doctor was concerned, and sent her for blood tests. Long story short, by Thursday night at 11:40 p.m. she had delivered a beautiful baby girl! Wow! It was a shocker...she was still supposed to have six weeks! She's one of my closest friends, and also a colleague. I'm sad, because she won't be there at work anymore, but I'm THRILLED for her and her hubby. They are going to be amazing parents. I'm hoping to see them and the sweet baby E tomorrow! YAY! I LOVE BABIES!
  • Wednesday was the low point for me. I was exhausted. I hadn't been sleeping and at 11:30 pm our landlords were innocently watching TV in their bedroom, which is just above our bedroom. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I just lost it. I started crying because I couldn't fall asleep. SuperKev saved the day, though. He said all of the right things, helped me find my earplugs, hugged me a lot, and eventually soothed me enough to fall asleep. What a guy...by the next morning, things were looking up. My devotions were even superior...they spoke DIRECTLY to me! I love it when that happens! Then I went to chapel and all of the songs were just what I needed to hear and say to God. He's pretty amazing that way!
  • On Thursday I got another surprise. When Jen suddenly had to stop working and go for the emergency C-section, someone had to go in her place to Victoria. See, she's the assistant Junior Girls Basketball coach and she had signed her team up for a tournament in our beautiful capital this weekend. They needed someone that could be a female chaperone and drive the van. After much begging from one of the girls that also happens to be in my class, including her going to ask if I could go in the office, I said yes. Yes!???!!! What was I thinking? It was my plan to sit on my bum on the couch all weekend since I had experienced such a draining, emotionally exhausting week. Suddenly I was rushing around on Thursday afternoon trying to get ready for a sub for Friday.
  • Friday morning, we were on our way. Our trip included a ferry ride, since it is an island. Imagine me, in a van with 7 giggly grade 9 and 10 girls, with Kelly Clarkson blaring on the radio. I know, it sounds like it would be a nightmare but it was actually SO MUCH FUN! The perfect way to end my crazy, tough week. They are amazing girls. We had such a blast. We sang, I cheered them on as they played their little hearts out, we had good talks on the ferry...they even asked for the story of Kev and I, which is always a fun one to tell. We played "Telephone!" How long has it been since I played that game? Jen had arranged for us to stay in a hotel right on the Harbour in Victoria. Beautiful...that's all I can say about that! Wow! Even though we got back at 10 p.m. tonight, it was totally worth it. One of my favorite moments was waiting in the ferry line up tonight. We had taken two cars, but all 11 girls piled into the mini-van I was driving and we cranked up Kelly Clarkson and they all sang "Since U Been Gone" at the top of their lungs. Hilarious! The windows were fogging up and others in the line up were laughing at us. What great girls.
  • After we got home, I immediately drove to Kev's hockey game that started at 11. Yep, 11 p.m. We are truly crazy. He played really well, and got an amazing assist on what COULD have been the game winning goal. Sadly, the other team scored with 2.4 seconds left to leave the game in a tie. It was a great game though!

So...wow, what a week! Only two more weeks and we will be heading to see my family for Christmas. The days are just flying by. Tomorrow I get to see Jen and her baby! I can't wait! My sweet hubby has also agreed to run errands with me...he must have missed me!

What did I learn this week? I learned that God is good, all the time, even when it feels like things are going wrong. I know, it doesn't seem like things really went wrong for me, but that's because I can't really share my heart. I do know, however, that God is amazing. I am blessed, beyond what I deserve. I am healthy, I have a great relationship with my husband, I have a roof over my head, I have warm clothes to wear, I have family that will do anything for me...even my brother-in-law, who had no idea why I was crying when I phoned this week, but he just knew that my sister wasn't available and he needed to pray. Thanks Jamey. I know this...I am LOVED, loved beyond belief! Wow...what a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers