Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's in the Little Things

Yesterday I was thinking about all of the little things in life that make me smile, give me a warm fuzzy feeling, or are just a little ray of sunshine in a dark day. I realized that the joys of life are often found in the little things. Here are just some of my little things...

  • the sound of my nephews' voice saying "hi aunt stacy" or "i love you aunt stacy"
  • the way the smell of my husband's cologne lingers in the bathroom all day after he has put it on in the morning
  • the incredibly warm water in our staff washroom faucet. my hands become like icebergs during the day because my classroom is so cold and when i stick my hands under that warm water i always think "ahhhhhhh!"
  • reruns of "friends"
  • the way that the sun shines in the forest behind our house and makes all of the trees look like different beautiful, rich shades of green
  • a grande extra hot, nonfat, sugar free, no whip cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks
  • the beautiful pink and white hues of a freshly bloomed lily
  • laughing with my kids at school at some funny story
  • hugs, hugs, and more hugs-the best huggers in my life are my hubby, my dad, and my Nancy!
  • movie popcorn
  • diet coke with lime and diet dr pepper-deliciousness without calories
  • the sound of the ocean's waves crashing against the shoreline
  • a back massage
  • pink toenails
  • the view from the Port Mann Bridge when driving toward Vancouver with the sun shining on the city
  • that feeling i get when we pull into my parent's driveway for the first time on a visit home
  • caring e-mails and phone calls from friends and family
  • chocolate
  • the smell of vanilla
  • the fries and plum sauce at Red Robin's
  • knowing how many people i have in my life that i could call at 3 in the morning if i really needed to
  • lunch break laughter in the staff room
  • the sound of my husband's voice
  • the feel of a soft, well worn t-shirt after a long day at work
  • thursday afternoon coffee with my girls
  • the feel of sand between my toes
  • a long run in the woods on a sunny day
  • the sound of a child's belly laugh
  • a night out with a group of good friends
  • choco chunk raspberry frozen yogurt
  • Kleenex with lotion
  • the excitement of a new book, pages of adventures waiting to be discovered
  • my favorite song coming on the radio
  • the feeling of getting into a car that has been warmed by the sun
  • cherry blossoms
  • Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers
  • hot towels fresh from the dryer
  • a glass of icy cold skim milk
  • my daily "i love you" e-mail from my mom
  • my husband's hug and kiss goodbye every morning
  • my husband's hug and kiss hello every night
  • knowing that Jesus is always there

I could probably go on and on, there are so many little things that bring me joy! What little things bring joy to your life each day?

4 comments:

  1. Good list. :) I tried Red Robin's for the first time about a month ago and I loved it. Of course, I got a chicken wrap, which is not original for me but it was delicious. As I was reading your other items, I was imagining how great it would be to stand on the pacific beach with our toenails painted pink drinking diet dr. pepper and diet coke and shouting out to our favorite songs on the radio. The only thing missing would be the little debbie cakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got your message about the Amuzing Race. Just incase you didn't get the little information sheet...it starts at 12:00 and you should probably bring/wear your bathing suit! You don't HAVE to...you just might have more options if you do! I'll collect the entry fees on race day.

    Glad you are racing! I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy,

    Marilee wants to get hold of you, but doesn't have your phone # or email (and neither do I). So she asked if I could leave a comment asking you to please give her a call! I don't want to put her number here, but she's in the phone book!

    This is hillarious! The ways we communicate these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:02 PM

    Hey Stacey, you're hard to get a hold of, call Marilee, we're wondering if you and Kevin are free tomorrow evening

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers