Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Whistler



Kev and I made our way up to Whistler yesterday to celebrate our anniversary. Our actual anniversary was a couple of weeks ago, but this worked out pretty well timing wise, so off we went.

I'm sad to say we hadn't been there for a couple of years! I forgot how gorgeous it is! I love the mountains and I especially love being there in the summer because it's not cold!

We had a really great time. We stayed at the Hilton, which just seemed so posh! We also enjoyed the Ziptrek Ecotours! If you haven't done this, what happens is they attach you to these steel cables and you fly over the river and through the trees...not to grandmother's house, just to the next platform! Ha!

It was a pretty amazing experience. When first taking off, you step down these steps until you can't anymore and then you are just sailing through the air. At some points you can go up to 100 km/h! It's sort of like stepping off the edge of a cliff, but safely!

If you know me, you know that I love doing these adrenaline spiking adventures. I've sky-dived as well, and we para-sailed in Hawaii. Although I wasn't able to get Kevin to go sky-diving with me, he gamely took on the ziptrek adventure and I think he enjoyed it as much as I did.
UPDATE: I finally got my video working on You Tube! Check it out! I recorded as I went on one of the lines!


1 comment:

  1. FUN!!! That's on my list of things to do (eventually). I had no idea it went so fast...what a rush!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers