Sunday, December 16, 2007

5 More Days!!

Wow! Only five more days of school left until Christmas break. I'm not really sure why, but for some reason this year seems crazier than others. Maybe it is the combination of factors in my life right now, but it seems that there is barely a moment to breathe. It's not due to Christmas shopping or anything like that either, although I did go to the mall on Saturday. I think the main reason that I am feeling things so much this year is that I am looking forward to our vacation so much!

Serenity and I went shopping on Saturday. We each had at least one thing that we knew we needed to find for the cruise, and we were unsure as to when we would have an opportunity to shop together again before we leave! She needed a bathing suit and I needed a formal dress for the New Year's Eve bash on board. We were successful! That in itself is a miracle. Women notoriously hate shopping for bathing suits, but the girls at Swimco were amazing, as always, and Serenity found the cutest suit that she looks great in! Then it was off to find a dress. If you know me and my issues, you know that shopping for a dress is not something that I love to do. I have issues, and it can take me weeks to find something that ends up being sort of what I want. So, you can imagine my amazement when we found the perfect dress in the second store we entered! It was beautiful, black, just what I was looking for. It's incredibly comfortable, so I know that I can dance the night away without worrying if I am flashing someone, and it is just beautiful. I can dress it kind of funky with the right earrings or shoes, or be more proper with my pearls. I was so thrilled to find the dress I wanted in my size. It fits me like a glove, just needs a slight nip in on the shoulder straps.

This week I'm taking two of my classes to eat at the excellent Mexican restaurant in Abbotsford. It's always a highlight and I can't think of a better time to do it with them. They can't really focus properly in this week anyway! We'll see how it goes. They seem to be the most prepared classes I have taken. They all did excellent on their restaurant speaking tests, but I'm afraid all of that will fly out of their heads in their excitement. We'll see!

I think I'd better get to bed. I'm pretty tired. Today I was up at 8 to go to church and do the powerpoint. Eight is normally sleeping in, but not when you stay up until 2 the night before!!

5 more days...I think I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers