Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Adorable...even in Black and White!

Our baby is so cute! I can't wait to meet it! I got to have another ultrasound today-for random reasons that I won't get into because it's a long story...everything's fine-but yay for ultrasounds! I had a wonderful technician that was so chatty! She took me through every step and showed me every part of the baby. The head, legs, arms, heart, bladder, kidneys, stomach...seriously...everything. IT IS SO CUTE!!!! I kept thinking, "If this baby is this cute to me on a black and white screen, what am I going to think when I see it for real???"

It was so fun to watch it moving around, sucking its thumb, kicking the legs, moving the hands...wow. It was also surreal. This baby is getting big! It's the size of a real baby now! I mean, of course it is smaller than it will be when born, but it takes up a lot of space in there. It was stretched out my through my entire belly all the way up to my ribs! This explains the random rolling and stretching feelings I've been having near my rib cage lately. I can't wait to see this little one's face outside of the womb!

Apparently our little one is quite active as well. We were told last night that they were surprised at the amount of activity they saw from it at 29 weeks. They kept saying, "We don't normally see this at this stage! Good baby!" That was good for this momma to hear, as the movement is something I have secretly been concerned about. See, I don't feel it that much. Everyone always asks "Are you feeling that baby a lot?" Nope...not that much. Apparently I must have a pretty strong uterus or something. I also found out today that my placenta is in the front, which can cause movement to be muffled. It's nothing that causes problems, but can make movement more difficult to discern. Huh! Helpful knowledge! Seeing how active the baby was though, without me really feeling it, was so encouraging and helpful. I thought was just had a super sleepy baby...apparently not!

Another funny side note...we happened to be in the labour and delivery unit of the hospital we will be delivering at last night. At one point Kevin went to get some water, and came back with rather large eyes. He said, "You don't want to go out there, you don't want to go by room 6! I've NEVER heard screaming like that in my whole life!" When we were leaving about 15 minutes later there was no longer screaming from mom, but the FIRST screams of a newborn baby! Wow...it made things a bit more real. I got teary-eyed thinking that these were the first cries of that baby. I'm looking forward to hearing the first cries of ours.

I will post a pic soon of the most recent ultrasound...it's a profile pic, very similar to others, but hey...it's our baby, our little blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers