- Incredibly patient. I can think of maybe two times that I have seen him become really frustrated and even then, he is not one to yell or get really angry. I can remember one time that I saw him become really, incredibly frustrated. It was when we were dating and doing the back and forth long distance thing. For some reason I was freaking out and thinking it just wasn't going to work and I didn't really have any reasons. I wasn't able to reason with him and it didn't seem to matter what he said, I just had no desire to listen! He got really frustrated, and seeing that emotion made me realize how important I really was to him, and how much he really wanted this relationship to work.
- hilarious! He makes me and other people laugh, all of the time. He's always coming up with funny jokes or sayings. He often likes to tickle me or do things that make me giggle, simply because he says he loves hearing my giggle so much and doesn't think he can hear it enough. Today I was at his summer school class helping him out with some things and he had those kids laughing and enjoying the fact that they were sitting in a hot classroom for two hours in the middle of the summer when their friends were probably outside enjoying the sun. I don't know how he does it. He's incredible.
- committed. If he loves you and cares about you, he is committed to you. I'm the one that is blessed to be the most important person in his life. He will do whatever it takes to make sure that I'm well, happy, and okay. The latest has been the preparation for the baby. I know my husband, he loves his downtime. I have seen him repeatedly give up that downtime this summer on many occasions to help prepare for this baby. He has packed up the back room, sorted through the storage space, helped prep for a garage sale with friends, rubbed my back, done numerous chores, and just been there. I know that he is going to love this baby just as much or more than he loves me, and I can't wait to see him making that commitment to this child. He already has, in many ways!
Like I said, I think I continue to fall deeper and deeper in love with my husband at different stages of life. The last two years have definitely been one of those stages. The ups and downs of pregnancies, miscarriages, fears, and joys have been something that I can handle, thanks to my faith and the constant support of my husband.
The last 34 weeks have been simply incredible, from that first moment that Kevin looked at the test-I was too afraid-and came back into the bedroom and whispered "You're pregnant!" in my ear and then held me while I cried in fear and joy. Through each ultrasound he has helped me stay calm until that moment when we see the baby move or hear or see the heartbeat. Through every time I freak out about lifting something too heavy or wonder if it is possible for me to squish the baby by bending over he has reassured me that it's not possible without making me feel stupid. He has felt the baby move often and his eyes shine with wonder and excitement. The last few weeks as we enjoy lunch together after his summer school teaching he always puts the TV on "Bringing Home Baby" because he knows I love it, and we watch it together while eating and talking about our future and what to expect, what we are afraid of, what we are looking forward to. He has helped me sort through boxes and boxes of things that we have managed to build up over four years of marriage and we have chosen the things that we really need, and things that we don't we have gotten rid of. When we move in October, we'll be moving in ready to be organized, something he knows I love. He has driven me out of the way to Dairy Queen or Marble Stone Creamery on those days when I really, really need my ice cream fix. He has encouraged me to nap, and also to go swimming...both things that make me feel so much better. He has constantly told me how cute I look, how adorable my belly is, how much he appreciates my figure-even though it is vastly different than it was 8 months ago. This is something that I appreciate more than he knows...for it's one of the things that I am the most self conscious about.
It has been really neat to see the changes in Kevin. I think after he initially felt the baby move, it was like a flip switched on in his mind, and he realized that this really is happening, he's going to be a dad! With that flip, he has morphed before my very eyes. He's going to be super dad. I have no fears about how we will handle things, because I know that he will be there with me to help me out each step of the way. I have long dreamed about the kind of Dad Kevin would be, and I think I'm starting to glimpse that I wasn't even close to what he REALLY will be. Yep, it's another stage of love, and I'm falling even deeper. Thanks for being the man that I need you to be, Love. You're an incredible gift and blessing in my life and you will be the same for our precious baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!