
It's official...we are in love with our new baby boy. He is a week old today-on his daddy's birthday-and I already can't imagine him not being around. Kevin and I often look at one another with these gleeful looks as we say, "You're so CUTE Rusty, you're so CUTE!"
He's a great baby. He likes to have somebody to snuggle with to sleep at night, so that has been a challenge, but we are figuring it out. As my big sister said, "There is no way you can spoil them by holding them too much at this stage, enjoy it!" She said this snuggly quiet stage would go by too quickly, so I should cherish it. I'm doing my best, in fact he is snuggled in my arms even as I type this. Laptops are a blessing, but not as big a blessing as my baby boy!
He has already started developing his personality, and has these funny little faces that he makes in response to certain things. When we stroke his head and the side of his face with our hands me makes this adorable little sleepy half smile. It's so cute. I love looking at him...he is totally his daddy's son! We saw a picture of Kevin at 4 weeks the other day and it was like looking at Rusty! I think that must be why I think he is the cutest baby evah! He's the spitting image of his daddy!
Kevin has been an amazing dad. He wasn't one to hold babies and such before, but when his son was born, well that was a different story! He loves snuggling with him any chance he can get, and although I think he is looking forward to getting back to the normalcy of work tomorrow I'm betting that he will be glad to come home afterward and see his little boy! He is always saying "This is my SON!" or "You're so cute!" or other little phrases to Rusty. He has also proven to be a total pro in all things baby care related. In fact, I had to give Rusty his bath last night because Kevin was getting off to a hockey game and I kept calling to him to ask him what to do next! He also loves feeding Rusty. I have gone to pumping and having Kevin and one other person do a feeding a day so that I can get some rest-since I'm usually up all night-and Kev is always so excited to do his feeding. He loves that time bonding with Rusty, and I'm glad that it is working out for him to do that.
We're off to Denny's today to celebrate Daddy's birthday-and get his free Denny's meal! It will be Rusty's first restaurant visit! He's already been out and about quite a bit due to several doctor's appointments to check on his jaundice, etc, but this is the first for fun only outing! I will maybe post some pictures later!
Thanks to all of our friends and family that have cared for us this last week. Thanks also for space...I found it a bit overwhelming to figure things out, but I think we're turning a corner now and soon we will be up for visitors. Thanks for those of you that have provided food, much needed advice that we have asked for, those of you that have come over just to help by doing the dishes or folding laundry! Kevin and I were talking the other night about how incredibly blessed we are. We are surrounded by such a wonderful family of actual family and friends. We love you guys!
There are also some cute pictures Angela took while she was over the other day. She was caring for him while Kev and I got some much needed sleep! Thanks Ange...he looks so cute in these photos and so does her little girl!
Aren't we cute together???
Oh that little girl is a cutie too! Cute babies everywhere!! I hope you're doing well!
ReplyDeleteHey, I second what your sister said. Soak up all the snuggles you can get! It's amazing isn't it, to see ourselves and our husbands be so suddenly natural with our own babies? So many people are like Kevin, both women and men - nervous holding babies - what if they cry? But when yours comes, it's a whole different story! Congratulations, Stacy!
ReplyDelete