Monday, October 27, 2008

Turning a corner

Today we turned a corner with Rusty...boy do they grow up fast. He has already been smiling and cooing tons, but today? The coolest things happened!

First of all, Kevin got up earlier than normal and spent half an hour playing with Rusty this morning. He was playing this game with him where he would hold up his hand and say "Touch the Hand, Touch the Hand!" The first few times as he said that he would take Rusty's hand and have Rusty sort of give him a high five...after that he would cheer and say "Good boy!" Well, then Rusty started doing it on his own! Then he did it with me and then tonight he still remembered the game and played it with Kevin when he got home from work! Wow!

He also got more out of his playmat today. Up until now he has sort of just laid on the mat and looked up at the toys hanging down. Today he was hitting them left and right! I was in the kitchen cleaning and I kept hearing the toys rattle...I would pop my head in from time to time. Imagine my surprise and joy when I popped my head around one time and saw this:



He had grabbed onto one of the toys! He had a tough grip on it and was then pulling on it to make the other toys shake and make the rattling sound. I couldn't believe it! I know that everyone says that babies change quickly, but I guess you never really believe it until you see it in action. I'm just so thankful that I get the amazing opportunity to be home with him and see these changes taking place. I do my best to capture them on camera so that Kevin can see them too.


The other cute thing he did was sort of have a little chat with my dad. My dad phoned just to chat and catch up on things and Rusty was really cooing. I put the phone up to his ear and my dad said, "Hi Rusty! I love you!" and Rusty got the BIGGEST smile and started cooing back to my dad...so cute!

There are still days when I wonder if I'm doing things right, but they are getting to be less all the time. When I do have those days Kevin is pretty fantastic and lets me pour out my heart and then tells me what a great mom I am. He is always telling me that I do a great job with Rusty. It's great to have such wonderful support. I'll leave you with another cute picture of him. There are so many to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers