Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Good Dose of Vitamin D

It seems that every year I forget how much I truly love Spring and Summer until they arrive again.

We have been having a string of pretty gorgeous weather, and every morning when I look out the kitchen window it seems that something else is blooming. The tree that was just sticks now suddenly has green buds sprouting up all over. That seemingly dead bush is now a beautiful, bright yellow flowering plant. The cherry trees cotton candy pink buds are pushing their way through and scenting the air with such a lovely smell. Ahh...I love spring...even if it does make me sneeze!

One of my favorite parts of spring is the daffodils. They are such a pretty, happy flower. I don't really remember seeing a lot of them growing up, but it seems that they are the flower of choice up here. Somehow they grow along the side of highway one, and there are bunches of them planted in just about every yard and park. Today when I took Rusty out for a walk we came across some particularly gorgeous ones, and I just had to stop and take a photo. Yes, a picture of something besides Rusty! Can you believe it? I especially love the view of the sharp blue sky and the cherry trees in the background.

Another thing that has me excited about summer is the planning Kevin and I have been doing for our cottage renovations. Last night we spent over an hour at Home Depot checking out everything from flooring to front doors to toilet seats! We don't have big plans, mostly just painting and a few cosmetic touch ups, but we are certainly excited to put our stamp on the cottage and make it our own. We have saved up money all year and have a budget for the renovations, so it is even better that it's not going to take anything out of our current pocket change! Last night we got several paint swatches, looked at and hopefully chose a front door, checked out different options for flooring in the bathroom-you would be amazed at the possibilities! Finally, we left with many ideas, prices, and a very tired little boy in tow.


Summer and Spring have taken on a whole new meaning for me this year. As a mother, I find that they seem that much more exciting. I can't wait to get Rusty out there as much as possible...I hope to foster in him the same love of the outdoors that I have. Today I took him to the swings at the park, a new thing we have tried that he loves. We also went on the slide and went for a long walk in the sunshine. He seemed pretty content, and I was too! You can never get enough vitamin D as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to all that this Spring and Summer will bring. Little Rusty is going to have many new adventures, and he seems to be at such a fun age to enjoy them. Ah, I love these sunny days...I'm glad that they are here at last!

1 comment:

  1. Great flower photo! Would be a good one to put on my work desktop to remind me there are beautiful things out there...

    I think it's good to try and get Rusty outside a lot in this nice weather. We did that with Nate and he LOVES being outside and going on outdoor adventures with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers