Snickerdoodles have always been one of my favorites. Seriously, with a name like snickerdoodle they simply have to be delicious! Just the thought of them takes me back about 20 years to my childhood school days. I rode the bus as far as my aunt's house, where I would get off and spend an hour or so watching cartoons and eating whatever delicious snack she had whipped up that day while we were at school before heading home.
My grandma can bake. My sisters both bake. My aunt can bake. My mom can bake. I come from a LOOONNNGGG line of bakers. In fact, they used to work together making wedding cakes, but that's another story for another time. For the longest time I claimed that I simply wasn't a "baker" in this baking family, but this summer that changed. I got my very first Kitchen Aid mixer. Can I tell you how much easier the baking life is when you have a Kitchen Aid mixer?
Snickerdoodles were one of my favorites of the many cookies my aunt made. I am ashamed to say that I don't think I had ever made them in my adult life until today. They were calling out to me, beckoning me. I had to make it, I had to make the Snickerdoodle Duo. It was surprisingly easy! The results? Well, check them out for yourself! Kev's quote was, "Oh, those look SOOOOO bad for you, but so good!" I admit it, they are DARN good!
Recipe note: I used whole wheat all purpose flour because that is all we had and they still taste amazing. I also used skim milk because that's all we had and again, still amazing! I also cheated and used a container of Duncan Hines frosting we had on hand because I didn't have the items to make the seven minute frosting and she had said she didn't like it anyway. I think it still tastes amazing! Maybe even better!
Recipe note: I used whole wheat all purpose flour because that is all we had and they still taste amazing. I also used skim milk because that's all we had and again, still amazing! I also cheated and used a container of Duncan Hines frosting we had on hand because I didn't have the items to make the seven minute frosting and she had said she didn't like it anyway. I think it still tastes amazing! Maybe even better!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!