Today I am remembering and thinking of all of those amazing men and women that have sacrificed so much for our freedom throughout the years. I know that it's not easy. Mothers lose their sons, daughters and sons watch their parents go off to war, fathers miss the births of their daughters. People can snap and crack under the pressure. They witness terrible things, and have to deal with the death of friends and loved ones. Families lose out on precious and important time together. I have never taken my freedom for granted. I know many men and women that have served, and I am so thankful for their incredible courage and strength. I know that they work harder and go through so much more than the rest of us so that we can have freedom. Freedom, as a friend recently said, is not free. It comes at a cost for someone, somewhere.
Thank you veterans, thank you to all of those currenting toughing it out and spending time away from families. Thank you to friends that I know that are going through pregnancies on their own, or contemplating that possibility because their husbands are away. Thank you to the veterans of the previous wars. Thank you to all of you, thank you for your sacrifices. I value my freedom, and thank you for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!