Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's been a pretty busy week around here.  It almost feels like the old days...but new.  A glimpse into what my life would have been like if I had gone back to full time work after my year of mat leave was up.  I have been working for a grade 6/7 teacher all week.  She is off sailing the seas on the grade 10 sailing trip while I man the trenches back in her classroom.  I was nervous before it all began, but I have to admit...it's been fun.  Really!  It causes me to contemplate.

When I picked Rusty up today he was a happy, happy boy.  He had enjoyed a good time with his Auntie and friends.  Every day we have picked him up this week he has been happy.  He is growing that independence.  It's the independence that I want him to have, that helps me to know that we have done a good job with him, yet it makes me a little sad.  He's growing up.  He doesn't have quite that same mommy attachment that he had before.  I take these little snuggles and kisses that I can get right now as much as possible.  I know that this is all very good, but it's an adjustment for me.  It makes me wonder...will I go back to work sooner than I think?  What does the future hold for me?

If there is one thing I have learned, or been reminded of this week, it is that I am a good teacher.  I know what I'm doing, and I love being with the kids.  I love the banter, I love watching them learn, I love coming up with a lesson idea on the spot when something takes a little less time than I thought it would.

I love my boy, I love my work.  Does doing work mean I love my work more than my boy?  No.  I don't know what the future holds...but I love my boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers