It's here! Christmas has officially arrived at Starbucks! This means a few things for me this year:
- A return of all of the delicious drinks that I love, decaf for me this year of course. The one in my hand is the amazing, full of flavor Gingerbread Latte. YUM! I'm not a fan of the Egg Nog Latte, but I do also enjoy the Peppermint Mocha-of course you can get that year round, but there is just something about getting it in a Starbucks Christmas cup that makes it sooo much better! When I heard on the radio that the Gingerbread Latte was back this morning I knew I would be making a little trip over to the store on my prep today. I've been very good lately...I couldn't help indulging...and boy is it worth it!
- I have just SEVEN weeks of work left. Most teachers are usually counting down until Christmas break just like me, but this year there is an added element, that is the day that my maternity leave will be starting. This sends me into a wee bit of a panic. I have a lot to get through with my classes before that happens, and I also have to have things set up to finish off the semester for the TOC that takes over for me. Then, I'm done. I have conflicted feelings about this. I'm so very much looking forward to being home with my new baby and my little monkey #1, and can't wait for time to meet up with friends that are also on mat leave and have freedom from marking. On the other hand, I have LOVED teaching this year. I forgot how much I enjoy having my own classroom, watching students understand what I'm teaching, and forming relationships with them. What a gift! I know that my babies are a greater gift, but I'll miss these kiddos and appreciate the fact that they are already lamenting my absence...makes me feel good!
- Once Christmas hits Starbucks it always reminds me that the season itself is coming, and there is much to do, but also much to celebrate. Of course we need to figure out and purchase gifts, but this year it is extra special, it will be our FIRST Christmas in our very own home. I can't wait to figure out the perfect spot for the REAL Christmas tree-I have wanted one since I moved out of home and now that we have our own home I can have one! I can't wait to do fun Christmas events with my little man and see the holiday through his eyes. Last night he said, "Mommy, Halloween is all done." I replied that yes, it was, and Christmas was next! "Christmas???" I explained to him that Christmas was our next holiday and it was so exciting and that it was Jesus's birthday! I said we could sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and he got a huge grin. Christmas is going to be fun this year!
- Our baby is on the way! Technically, the baby COULD be born on Christmas and still be ok. My birthday is just a few days after Christmas, and the idea of sharing a birthday with the baby is interesting to me as well. I don't really think I will, because the baby is not due until January 11th and I think I'm going to go late, but once that Christmas season hits it means we are on alert and ready to meet our little one.

Wow Christmas baby! I can't believe you are getting so close, so exciting!
ReplyDeleteThe gingerbread lattee is also a favourite around here! Starbucks has really hit the mark with their Christmas marketing, that so many people get excited simply at the sight of the red cups!! (And this is not the first mention of it I've heard today!)
ReplyDeleteA wee bit into a panic??? Wow, you are one calm mama. Glad to see you're breathing and not stressing out too badly. My favorite seasonal drink, Pumpkin Latte, YUM!
ReplyDelete