Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Life Lately

Today was back to school, back to work.  Rusty returned to daycare, Kev returned to work, and I...well, I relaxed!  Sort of.  After three days of feeling pretty awful and being sure that this baby would arrive early, I woke up this morning feeling great and FULL of energy.  My cousin said that this sometimes means the baby is about to arrive, but I'm hoping the little one will stay put for another week, I think the more time Pickle has to develop, the better the little one will be when born.  I also have a lot to do this week!  We've been working hard to prep for this little one's arrival, and working hard just in general.

This Christmas break was really wonderful.  We loved having so much time together, we got a ton of work done, and we just had so many great moments with Rusty.  I feel a little sad that the time of just "us and him" is coming to an end, but all of the happy moments we had together over break helped to ease me of a little bit of that sadness.

We've been busy:
  • Working on that family room!  Kev worked so hard over the break and got the entire subfloor laid in both rooms!  I am so impressed at the way he continues to step up to the plate and get things accomplished around here.  He is really learning and growing.  I have learned that he can do whatever he puts his mind to!  We just have the baseboards left...which will come whenever we have time.  For now, we have one chair and a really fantastic train table in the room!  Kevin finally had the chance to put the train table together and Rusty loves it!  Tonight when he got home from school the first thing he said when he came in the door was, "I just want to go and play with my train set!"
The subfloor my amazing husband laid completely on his own!
Carpet is in!  YAY!
Playing with his train set for the first time!  He was VERY excited!
  •  We have also been hard at work preparing for the next little one, our sweet Pickle!  Kevin got the car seat bases installed into both vehicles, and our baby room went from a toy room to a disorganized mess to an almost complete nursery!  We are using all of the same nursery bedding and such that we used for Rusty, which we ordered long before we ever knew what he was.  I ordered it with the thought in mind that hopefully we could use it again, and I am really happy that I still love it!  I have a few paintings left to hang on the walls, but other than that, the room is ready for baby!  We will probably try putting Pickle in there right away, because it is mere steps from our room and I can easily hear the baby if both doors are open.  I think we will all get more rest that way.  We'll see how that goes!
In the process of taking it from crazy toy room to organized nursery!
Crib and change table, the crib was Rusty's and the change table as well, a hand me down from our awesome doctor!
The rest of the room.  We got the chair for just $50 at IKEA on one of their crazy sales!  I already know it is comfy, as we have one in Rusty's room as well.
  •  I've also been working on other errands, such as organizing this closet or that area.  I have partially packed my hospital bag, and the baby's hospital bag is entirely packed.  Tomorrow I'm going to have a freeze-a-thon and get three roasts ready to go, as well as making up a few shepherd's pies.  I even got my new coffee maker set up!  I love it...we got an amazing deal on it at Target in the States.  It was on sale and we had another $10 off coupon that I had found online.  I even have my favorite creamer and coffee on hand and ready for after the baby is born!
  •  Most importantly, I've been spending as much time as possible with my two guys.  Over the Christmas break we enjoyed so many giggles, snuggles, playdoh, art projects, songs, and other fun times together!  It really was that incredible, special time that I really hoped for us to enjoy together.  I love these guys so much, and I am so blessed to be with them.  Their smiles and laughter make my life so much better, God is very good!
Look at these guys!  Don't they make your heart melt?  Rusty LOVES snuggling up and watching a hockey game with his daddy, he already knows who Luongo is!
  •  Last, but NOT least, we are officially ONE WEEK away from Pickle's due date!  I can't believe it.  Every day this wee one could decide to arrive, but I think the baby will probably stay put for a little while longer.  Who knows!  Maybe my next post will be an introduction to our little one!  For now, here is the 39 week photo!  If you want to do a fun comparison, you can go here to see my 40 week photo when pregnant with Rusty!

2 comments:

  1. You are the most adorable pg girl ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 PM

    Stacy your house looks GREAT! You and Kev have added so much since I have even been there this summer! I also can't believe how big Caden has gotten...I remember that you took pics of him next to a Teddy bear to see how much he has grown and now he is going to be a big brother! Wow, so many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers