Tuesday, March 01, 2011

He's still the one

Today was another ordinary maternity leave day.  I love maternity leave...I think it must be one of the best parts of living in Canada.  I so very much enjoy being paid to stay home with my little love all day long.  It is such a wonderful gift to be able to spend that time with him and to watch him grow through his first year and not have the pressures of work breathing down my neck.

One of the things I very much enjoyed while on my maternity leave with Rusty was meeting up with Kevin for lunches.  Today Rocky and I got to continue that tradition.  I had forgotten how much I love those quick 30 minutes I get with my man in the middle of the day.  As we dined over $6 Subway soup and sandwiches, we caught up on our days so far.  He listened as I chatted about my morning meeting with my online work boss and my stop in at Human Resources and I heard him as he chatted about how busy his day had been so far.  It was comfortable, normal and just so nice.

I realized, as I drove home, how much I simply enjoy my husband.  I enjoy our conversations, and even though we have been married for almost seven years now, we still don't run out of things to talk about.  He is an interesting man, with strong opinions, an inquisitive mind, and strength of character.  I love to run my latest worries by him, knowing that he will always have something sensible to say that will calm my fears.  I love hearing him tell me stories about the latest piece of news he discovered in his search that day.  I just love him.  I also love the sound of his voice.  When we were dating long distance and had just phone calls and msn messenger sessions-oh the good old days of msn!-in between our face to face meetings I always looked forward to seeing his number pop up on my caller ID.  I could, and DID, listen to him talk for hours.  I still love that voice.  Sometimes on the rare occasion that Kev calls me and I miss the call and it goes to voice mail, I still get excited hearing a "message" from him.  That voice, it still has the ability to send shivers down my spine.

That's one of the reasons I am so thrilled to be on maternity leave again.  Not only does it give me time with my little men, it gives me more time with my number one guy as well.  Sigh...I love him!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, jealous!! I want a kissy picture like yours!

    Isn't it wonderful? Are men are so wonderful!
    As our 8 year anniversary comes up, I just think how awesome and handsome and strong and helpful (equal partner) my guy is.

    And ohhhh, those long ago days of phone calls and msn chats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    My name is Sheri and I attend Calvary Baptist. I know Amanda and Clarence and a friend of mine had your blog on her list. I checked it out and here I am enjoying your writing, whit and open heart. SO great to find another Christian blog! I love your honesty and the way you find Gratitude and God in all things. Keep it up Stacy. I'm loving it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Cute blog :) Keep up the writings! Your baby boys look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers