Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ready for Spring

I am so ready for Spring and Summer.  I love them for the weather, but right now I'm just more excited about the prospect of not being sick for awhile.  I know it is not a guarantee, but I'm really hoping that with the better weather comes better health around here.  Let me just say that I definitely understand that many people are going through rough times with their health and our issues are nothing in comparison.  I am intensely grateful for that...I am also, however, really ready to be well again.

The other day we added up our medical receipts from the 1st of January.  Our insurance is one that pays us back 100% but we have to pay first and then send everything in.  From the first of January we have spent over $600 on medical bills.  Yikes.  That includes prescriptions for my flesh eating virus, massages for Kev's nasty sciatica, prescriptions for Rusty's current ear infections and bronchitis, prescriptions for my two bouts with sinus infections, prescriptions for two rounds of pink eye-Kev and Rusty-and a few other things on top of it.  Yikes.  It's not even the end of April yet!  We are definitely ready for those doses of sun, the chance to whip open the windows and let the fresh air blow through the house and empty it of those germs.  Right now I feel like our house is just infested.  I plan to do a massive clean tomorrow-if I'm feeling up to it, that is.  Right now I can't imagine having the energy for that, but I guess we will see.

Even the poor little man got his first cold as a result.  I was up most of last night holding him upright in our recliner in the living room because every time we tried to lay him in his crib he would start coughing and gag on the phlegm in his throat.  His little eyes are red and his nose is running.  Poor little guy.  He hates it when we have to clear his sinuses with the saline drops.  It's the only thing he can have right now though.  I hate it when my babies are sick.  It's even worse when Mom is sick too and has very little energy to care for them.  Thankfully, the hubby has remained strong.  We're just praying that he manages to avoid this particular bug.  Rusty is doing much better now as well, since we finally figured out after an ER trip and a trip to our doctor that he has an ear infection and bronchitis.  Two doses of antibiotics later and he is a totally different little boy.  He has slept through the night two nights in a row and he is so much more chipper!  I am happy to see him feeling better.  It's only the second time in his life that he has had antibiotics, both for ear infections.  I don't love him having them, but sometimes it just needs to happen and when the result is regaining our chipper little boy...well, it's definitely a good thing.

Spring, please come soon, and when you do, can you bring good health?

It's not all coughing and runny noses around here...here are our cuties with their BELOVED Papa, at a Great Auntie's 90th birthday party.  Look how CUTE they are!

That face...I just want to kiss it all over!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I found your blog while looking for other lower mainland mommy bloggers! My blog is ambergioiasmith.blogspot.com. Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers