Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Great Dose of Ordinary

Today is just an ordinary day...but it's a great one!  Maybe it seems great because I thought it would be rough.  Little Rocky had a tough night.  I can see the tip of another tooth peeking through.  With that going on I got about three hours of sleep pieced together.  As the sun rose I was thinking, "This could be a tough one."  Then, Kev took over.

He got up with both boys and kept them occupied for an hour so I could get some uninterrupted sleep.  Something about sleeping in a big, comfy bed with no noises and possibilities of having to get up is all kinds of wonderful.  Great day event #1.

Then, I helped Rusty get ready for his last day of daycare.  He has been in it still this past month for two days a week.  Today is his last day until fall.  He helped me make cupcakes for all of his friends last night and he was so excited to take the cupcakes to school today.  I loved seeing how excited he was and it was the first time he has taken cupcakes to school!!  Great day event #2.

After Kev and Rusty left, Rocky and I were both able to get naps...almost two hours!  It gave me the burst of energy I needed to get through the day!  Great day event #3.

Once we woke up, I decided to make myself look good, rather than wearing the yoga pants and hoodie I had planned.  It paid off!  My hubby had to run home from work for a bit and told me how good he thought I looked...it's nice to be recognized!  I had a new jacket I was trying out and he liked it!  (Right now it's on my bed because I was protecting it from a Rocky poo blowout after lunch!  But I love it!)  Great day event #4!

We hit the road then and ran some errands.  I had to drop some shoes off at Value Village-our version of Salvation Army for my American friends!-and I decided to do some browsing in the store and totally scored!  I found this gorgeous glass punch/tea jar for just $12.

I have been looking for one for awhile and they were always $30 or more.  This one is beautiful and I'm so excited about it!  It has a classic chrome spigot and I can already think of all sorts of things I will use it for.  They had two of them and I almost bought the other one, but figured it would be rare that I would need two of them.  First use will be this Sunday at Rocky's baby dedication BBQ!  MMMmmmm...sun tea coming up!  Great day event #5!!

My last stop before home was Starbucks.  I needed to pick up some gift cards for Rusty's daycare teachers.  After ordering them the barista asked if I wanted a drink.  Well, sure, why not!?  They gave me a free Frappucino.  I asked him to make me one that sounded good, saying I like coconut.  He made up a coconut vanilla bean frappucino with two shots of espresso!  YUM!  My new favorite drink!!!  I will be ordering that again and the best part...it was free!

Now I'm home with my littlest man and he is sleeping in my arms.  He wasn't napping well in his crib, and it is so rare that I get a chance to just hold him.  I'm catching up on the Bachelorette, typing away, and enjoying hearing his sweet little breaths whoosh in and out of his body...bliss.  Great day event #6!

Lastly?  My parents are in the car ON THEIR WAY TO CANADA!  They will arrive sometime around noon tomorrow.  They are driving straight through, please pray for their safety.  I cannot wait to spend the next week with them.  No distractions, just some amazing quality time with them.  The last time we did that was the summer before Rusty was born, so almost FOUR years ago!  Great day event #7!!!

What a great dose of an ordinary day.  Sometimes all it takes to make an ordinary day wonderful is looking for the beauty in your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers