"Oh the Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord, for giving me the things I need, the sun and the rain and the apple seed, the Lord is good to me!"
Those lines are from a famous song, the Johnny Appleseed song! I love that song, it's an old camp staple and I also love APPLES! Both of my boys are BIG apple fans and this past week we had a chance to have some fun times picking apples!
Rusty was a great apple picker! The orchard that we went to was awesome. They had tons of apple trees with the apples very low to the ground. Rusty picked all of the apples for our ten pound bag-which surprisingly only took about 10 minutes! Some of the apples were a little hard to pull off the tree, and it was hilarious to watch Rusty's face!
Rocky wasn't in the best mood for apple picking, as he hadn't napped all the way to the orchard, and he also didn't nap while we were there, but he was still a cutiepie, and didn't fuss too much!
We loved apple picking, and will definitely do it again in future years. Now I just need to get the ambition to make the applesauce!
Sunday, October 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!