Sunday, October 23, 2011

This and That

It's that time of year...the time when the flu and cold bugs get you down and take you out.  I have been taken out for the past few days.  I always try to remind myself-when my nose is stuffed, my head is pounding, and my body aches-that it could be worse, and that I have experienced worse, and especially that many people I know have had much worse in their lives.  Then I buck up and move on.  Plus, my husband takes good care of me...that really helps.

Anyway, in the middle of this there have still been some fun things going on around here. 

Rusty loves all of the festivities surrounding Halloween!  He decided early on this year that he wanted to be a ghost and last night I finally finished up his costume.  It was a bit more difficult than just throwing a sheet over his head, because the sheet was too long, so I had to hem it up and I also added some black felt around the eyes and mouth to make sure that he looked kind of spooky and ghost like and not like a clan member.  I do NOT want anyone thinking that! 

He definitely enjoyed carving his pumpkin with Kev this year.  He told Kevin exactly what he wanted it to look like, saying the shape he wanted each part to look like.  We carved it up and also roasted up the seeds!  Yum!  Rusty helped me out with a little craft project using mason jars, paint and some candles.  They look pretty cute, don't you think?

In other news, our little Rocky turned nine months old on October 19th.  This kid constantly amazes me!  He is so busy and so adorable.  Some days he is into everything!  This past month he has started really eating a lot, including more of our food.  The other night he tried the turkey I had roasted and went crazy for it!  He has also learned how to clap his hands, although he is still perfecting that!  One of the biggest changes in him this month is how much he babbles now!  He is always babbling about something and I wish all the time that I could see exactly what his little head is thinking! 

The other day we were at Nana and Papa's house and he play socially!  Papa rolled him a ball and Rocky's face lit up!  He grabbed the ball and threw it back to Papa saying, "AH!"  It was adorable.  He was so happy and played and played, each time throwing the ball back to Papa the best that he could.  It was just so amazing to see him interacting in that way.  It is now one of his favorite things to do. 

This month he has started standing a few seconds at a time, and he can also walk when pushing the little Sesame Street chairs along.  He will grab either Cookie Monster or Big Bird and push the chair all the way across the room, walking behind it, to get where he wants to be.  I am crazy for this kid and his cute faces.  He just brings us so much joy! 

That's this and that around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers