I feel a bit like the game of Jenga right now. You know the one...there are all of these blocks stacked up strategically. Bit by bit you pull a block out, one at a time. When the tower crumbles the person loses. I am not pulling the blocks though...I AM the blocks. Other people are playing the game.
Work is pulling out a lot of blocks right now. I love my job, but there is a lot going on. Blocks are pulling out left and right.
Friends are pulling some blocks too. Sorry friends, normally I love to have you pulling those blocks, but if you aren't hearing from me or it seems like I am ignoring you...I'm not. I'm just trying not to let my tower crumble. I am going to ask you not to play the game right now. Don't worry, I will let you back in in a month or so. I still love you, I promise.
Family is another player in the game. As they should be, they are pulling the most blocks of all. I want them to WIN the game, so I am protecting them. I'm giving them all of my effort. They WILL win, but work and friends and other areas are going to lose.
Sorry, I think the game is just about over. This tower is going to crumble. Don't worry, I am okay...I just need you to know...this game is almost done. I'm ready to say Jenga! Jenga! (And then run away to a sunny beach for a week or so. I wish!)
Friday, April 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Oh boy, I was thinking the SAME thing about 30 minutes ago!!! I was in the kitchen with my ankle killing me and my other foot and hip killing me from bearing all the weight and I had the crutches and thought, I can do this! I can clean this kitchen! And I ended up just banging the crutches on the floor and sort of throwing a little fit because I COULD NOT do it! And it was frustrating and I feel like if I don't get some of that stuff done, my own Jenga tower is going to crumble! Good description!
ReplyDeleteHang in there!!! I hear ya. I often feel like I can only manage my family...and nothing more even though my too do list, and my 'who I want to see' list is miles long.I love you and can't wait to hang out...but I'm here whether it be tomorrow (literally, I'm free!), or a month from now. I'll pray that your busyness isn't too overwhelming!
ReplyDeleteMay you feel His Peace
xo