Rusty, sitting with me tonight, said that thing all mommies want to hear...
Rusty: Mommy, you have that ring on your finger, and Daddy gave it to you, right?
Me: Yep. He gave it to me when we got married. It is his promise to me that we would always be together.
Rusty: Someday I will give a girl a ring too.
Me: Yes, when you find someone special that you want to be with forever you will give her a special ring too!
Rusty: Mommy, I'm going to give YOU a ring! I want to marry YOU!
Me: Aw, Rusty, that is so sweet! Thank you! Why do you want to marry me?
Rusty: Because, Mommy, I love you! Where did Daddy GET that ring Mommy?
Me: At a jewelry store.
Rusty: Mommy, will you go to a jewelry store with me so I can get you a ring? We have to put it in a box, right?
Me: Aw Rusty, I LOVE you!
Precious moments with my precious boy.
Wednesday, April 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Cute!!!! Love those sweet things they say! Nason said to me the other day when a couple of his friends were suddenly included in our already planned activities: "Mommy, you're like a really fun babysitter!"
ReplyDeleteSniff...that actually tugs at my heart to think that one day those little boys of ours will leave the nest....
ReplyDeleteI remember thinking I was going to marry my brother when I grew up. At age five, that didn't seem creepy or weird in any way.
ReplyDelete-Leah