Thursday, June 06, 2013

No Longer Private

I had made my blog private for about a year.  I worried a bit about my kids and such.  My hubby and I talked about it a lot.  We have decided that it is okay to make it public again.  I find that it is my outlet for writing and it also is sort of like our family journal.  I am, however, much more motivated to write when I know that other people are reading it...even if it is just family.  I am sure that people are annoyed with having to log in so I'm removing that!  Enjoy following along if you are new, enjoy reconnecting if you aren't!  My one request???  No pins, reposts, or shares.  Read this for yourself if you want to, but don't spread it around.  I'm not blogging to earn money or gain thousands of readers...I'm mostly blogging just to get our own family happenings down somewhere...and to share them with my family and friends both near and far.

A little peek into our day to get you going again:

My little Rusty decided to become an entrepreneur today.  He has had his eye on a special toy at Target and decided that he wanted it!  I told him he could earn it.  I'm getting a little tired of the sense of entitlement I see in some kids these days, and I am looking for ways to avoid it in my own children.

He came up with the idea of a lemonade stand.  I was pretty proud of him!  We chatted about the work it would take and he was in.  My other stipulation?  I told him he had to give part of his money to Jesus and part of his money to help someone else.  After talking about what that might look like he decided that he wanted to help the animals.  Our little one has turned into quite the animal lover since we got our sweet Rosie girl a few months ago.  He decided he would give some money to the animal shelter just up the hill.  We will be delivering the money on Wednesday!  His money for Jesus will go to church with him on Sunday.  He went and got the toy tonight!

It was SO fun to see our little guy buying his very first toy all by himself.  He was so very thrilled and proud to be giving the cashier his money and getting the bag.  He bought the badminton set and also had enough to buy himself a brand new steel Avengers water bottle for school.  He still has some money leftover which he has put into his piggy bank.

Thanks everyone that came by and supported our little guy in his venture.  He had so much fun and so did I.  Some definite memories were made today!










1 comment:

  1. I started tearing up at that picture of Rusty at the cash register, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers