Sunday, January 15, 2006

Choke...


Well, they've done it again. Those darn Indianapolis Colts! How many years in a row will they continue to do this to me? I really thought that this was it. I thought this was THE year...you know, the year that fans wait for, sometimes for a lifetime. The Colts are going to be my equivalent of the Boston Red Sox...will I ever see them win a championship? Will I be 85 years old, lying on my death bed before I see them finally accomplish my dream?

All signs pointed to a championship this year. I mean, come on, they won their first 12 games! It was crazy! They were unstoppable...until they met up with the Chargers...grrr! Well, today I had high hopes. I was at church teaching Sunday school and when I got home, I dashed to the TV to discover that they were down, 7-0...it only went down from there.

In the fourth quarter, they sparked my hopes. They began to play like the team I knew this season! All of the sudden, it was a three point game, but alas...Pittsburgh got the ball. I figured it was over, but then, miracle of ALL miracles, Indy gets an interception! I'm jumping up and down in the living room screaming at the top of my lungs! Could we do it!?!?! COULD WE DO IT???? Peyton marches the team down the field to put them into field goal range. This is a no brainer, right? There are mere seconds left and Vanderjagt comes onto the field. He's the most accurate kicker in NFL HISTORY! The only question in my mind now is "Can they do it in overtime?" Suddenly, I'm staring with my mouth agape...he missed. He MISSED! HOW DID HE MISS?!?!?!?!?!?

Once again, my Superbowl hopes are dashed for another year. I guess I will have to cheer for the Seahawks now that my team is out. Will I turn my back on my beloved Colts...no, but I have to say, "I'm disappointed." How many years will I have to endure this endless torment? How many years will the Colts continue to choke in the playoffs?

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, Cole and I watched that game yesterday (well he watched and I kinda-watched) but he was cheering for the Colts...disappointment stings, huh? Next year, Next year...
    :) Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers