Sunday, January 22, 2006

Shopaholics Unite

I was just looking through the books in my back room tonight and came across some of my favourite "light" reading. I thought I would share it with you all, since I have enjoyed the books so much.

The Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella is fantastic! I first stumbled across these fun novels as I was flying...I can't even remember where I was going, but the first book, Confessions of a Shopaholic caught my eye. I bought the book and couldn't put it down until I was finished. It was hilarious! Kinsella chooses to use a first person point-of-view and her main character, Becky Bloomwood, actually had me laughing out loud. As soon as I realized there was a second book in the series, I bought it! Last Christmas Kevin knew what to get me, and I found Shopaholic Ties the Knot in my Christmas stocking...what a guy! I had to promise not to start reading it until we left for South Dakota, because he knew that I would read the book in one sitting.

Kinsella has branched out now and introduced two new characters in her most recent novels. They are just as delightful as Bloomwood. I suggest if you haven't read these little gems, you add them to your library. You could just borrow them from the local library, but I have to warn you...I waited 10 weeks to get The Undomestic Goddess from my library. It seems I'm not the only one that is a big fan of Kinsella's work!

1 comment:

  1. I was book browsing the other night at Barnes & Noble and I found a book that made me think of you: The Velveteen Principles. It's a cute book about life and the principles of the velveteen rabbit (much like the book of virtues)...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers