Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Military Couples

Poor Chris. After my long blog on her the other day, I came home to a message from her on my voicemail tonight. It turns out that she found out her hubby is being deployed for a year. He leaves on March 13th. I'm so bummed for her, and I'm also sad because I was looking forward to seeing him again when I went down there. I will be arriving on March 16th, just three short days too late. It's good timing though, and a secret blessing from God, for just as Chris is desperately missing her hubs, I will arrive and do my darndest-is that a word?-to distract her.

Here's to all of you military wives and girlfriends...I don't know how you do it. I think God must give you guys an extra measure of strength. I pray for you often. CaliValleyGirl...you're almost there!

3 comments:

  1. Being in the military today means almost certain deployment. It's scary and I'm still haunted by memories of last year and The Battle for Fallujah but you know, we will survive. Life's about survival. And besides, everyone knows that strong women rule the world (if only secretly)...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that's a bummer. I am so glad God didn't have me marry a military man. I didn't really want to be a pastor's wife, but at least he's not deployed to dangerous, far-away places all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, Nicole...I can't even imagine how that was. My boyfriend is rarely incommunicado for a long time...and not hearing from your husband for so long, and knowing where he was....man...I hope you write about that one day, when you feel up to writing about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers