She's coming! She's really coming! I can't believe it. Yesterday we when we were on the ferry I checked my phone and I had received a text message from my little sister. It said that she had cleared some vacation time with her boss at work and she wanted to know what dates she should buy a plane ticket for! I was so excited that I actually squealed out loud. After a few strange looks from other passengers, I began to talk about it with Kevin.This is a huge surprise. She began talking a few weeks ago about possibly coming up, but I wasn't holding my breath. I knew she would try, but I didn't want to be disappointed if she wasn't able to come, so I decided to pretend like she couldn't. It makes the good news even better!
The last week of June my sweet little sister will be making the trek up to Canada to spend, get this, FIVE ENTIRE DAYS with me! That's not including her two travel days! I can't even wait. She reminded me today that it is about 16 weeks away, but I don't even care. Just knowing that I'm going to see her makes me want to jump out of my chair and do a little jig! I haven't seen anyone from my family since last August and I thought I wasn't going to have the chance to see them until CHRISTMAS because I can't make it home this summer. I poured my heart out to Candace one night on the phone and she decided to see what she could do! She talked to her hubby and the sweethart understood our need to spend some time together and he said that she could come and see me! Alex, you rock!
I can't wait to have her here. The last time I saw her was in July, and that was for her wedding. As you can probably guess, she was pretty busy with wedding preparations! I loved seeing her, but actually spending quality time with her is more than I could have dreamed of! Sadly, she'll only get to see Kevin for a day because he'll be leaving for Oregon, but I guess in a way that could be good too! We will have four days of uninterrupted girl time to do whatever we want! My mind is already racing with all of the fun things we can do. Candace, it's only 107 days to go!
I prefer the term 3 1/2 months, that seems better to me than 107 days! Yikes! Should be fun! Wish I could come too, but I'll have to come some other time!
ReplyDeleteWhoohooo! (who's line is that anyway? ;) I'm happy for you, Stace! You're getting a visitor :)
ReplyDelete