When I got off the plane I practically ran to baggage claim to get my bags. I couldn't wait to see Kevin! It felt like it had been a year, not just a week. I'm not sure what we are going to do this summer when we are apart for a month. Again, it gave me a greater appreciation for those that have to be apart longer than us.
When I finally got my bag and made my way out to the car I gave him a huge hug and kiss. All the way home he kept kissing my hand the way that he does when we are driving somewhere in the car. I was so glad to see his cute face again and just talk to him. When I arrived home I burst through the door to find myself greeted by this:

I guess he missed me! It's always nice to have a surprise like that waiting for you at home. We spent the rest of the night just hanging out, watching TV and snuggling. God has really blessed me in incredible ways. I realized throughout this week that He did an amazing thing in bringing Kevin and I together. Although I thank Him for my husband every day, this trip was a good reminder of God's amazing hand at work. Kevin's favorite verse of Jeremiah 29:11 hit home as I realized, once again, that God really does know the plans that He has for us, and He will not harm us. If you had asked me even four years ago where I would be in a few years, I would never have said Vancouver, BC, but right now there is no other place I want to be. It's good to be home!
I'm glad you had a good time in Cali (even though you're glad to be back home :) I wish I could have been there with you--especially the Disney part...sweet memories. :) What fun we could have! Someday...someday...:) ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you know I am fully expecting you to make a trip to Texas now! Especially once the baby is born:)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time. I want to go back and visit, too. We had some good adventures there. One of my favorite memories is when we brought your sister and Kris to the airport early, then went to the beach and took a nap in the morning! It was so neat sleeping on a Malibu beach. Then we had bfast at that rest. overlooking the water. It was such a relaxing day.
Your Cali roomate,
Tami