The best show on television returned last night! The Amazing Race is back! I'm not sure what it is about the show that I love so much, but love it I do! Maybe it's watching the way that the racers interact with one another. When under a high stress situation one's TRUE self can't help but present itself. I love watching the way that people really treat one another. Kev and I are always saying, "Oh, you do that!" or "That is JUST like us!" This season, however, we don't really see anyone on the show that specifically reminds us of us. The thought of racing around the world and experiencing so many different cultures is extremely exciting to me. I actually seriously looked at going on the show once. I was going to ask my friend, Chris, to go on it with me because I knew Canadians couldn't be on the show. That left Kevin out of the mix. He and I would be the ultimate team, we are both traveled, he knows French and I know Spanish, he is always calm, we are a couple that NEVER yells at each other! Anyway...I had Chris picked out and I had even asked her. I downloaded the application and sadly discovered that you had to be an American LIVING in America to be on the show. What the heck? WHY?
With my hopes of being on the show dashed, I had to be content to simply watch it. Tuesday nights we always make sure to curl up together on the couch and indulge in our favourite hour of reality TV.
This season does not look like it will disappoint. The race began at Red Rocks Ampitheater in Denver, Colorado. Watching the teams huff and puff due to the altitude was funny enough on its own! We have the regulars this season...the nerds, the cute couple, the old married couple, the loud sisters, the cute young girls. There are also some interesting additions like the Hippies! I love these guys and I am totally rooting for them. I also really like the team of Ray and Yolanda. It was so funny to watch Ray's face as the Brazilian guys were hooting and hollering at his woman. I could totally tell that he was thinking "Hey, this is MY woman!" Hilarious!
I'm looking forward to traveling the world with this new season of teams. Look for future posts relating to the best show on TV!
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Cole LOVES the Amazing Race...I don't think we could go on together though because he is SO competitive and ruthless sometimes I would probably get stomped on! I like the show too...but the Apprentice is my show. Now there's a show I'd like to be on! But I would be afraid to hear, "You're fired."
ReplyDelete