The other day I was filling out one of those silly but ridiculously fun survey e-mails. You know the kind, they ask questions such as: diamonds or pearls? how old are you? and what is your favourite food? One of the questions on this survey was: What is your longest relationship? I, of course, wrote that the one with my sweet hubby was the longest. We have been married since July 2004 and we have known each other since July 2001. Once I stopped and really looked at that, I was shocked. In reality, I have only known Kevin for just under 5 years. That seemed so unreal to me. I think that I might actually have some clothing in my closet that I have had longer than that. I couldn't believe that I had known this man for such a short amount of time because sometimes I honestly can't remember what my life was like without Kevin in it!I adore my husband. With every day that passes by, I become more and more aware of the fact that he is simply a part of me. There are days when I'm not really sure where I end and where he begins. He is so ingrained in me that I find myself beginning to sound like him and even take on some of his mannerisms. I know that this is typical in marriage relationships, but to me it is still simply incredible. How can it be that I now say "FAN-tastic" when something is pretty spectacular? When did I begin to see the two cheeseburger meal at McDonald's as truly fine dining? My laugh even sounds a bit like his! He has truly made an incredible, undeniable impression on my life.
A simple glance from Kevin can send me into gales of laughter or cause shivers to run down my spine because I know exactly what he is thinking! I love the fact that the sound of his breathing sends me to sleep every night. This Spring Break when I was away visiting friends in California, I found it tough to fall asleep because I couldn't hear his breath swooshing in and out of his body in that perfect, deep sleep rhythm. I can't believe how fortunate I am to be with a man that loves me so much that he would actually do anything for me. In a way, it makes God's love for me more real. I know that Kevin would actually lay down his life for me if it meant it would save my life, which is exactly what my Saviour did for me!

Kevin makes me laugh more than anyone I know! I never knew that I could giggle so much before I met him. He does all of these funny little things, things that would probably seem strange to other people, but things that make us uniquely Stacy and Kev! I love the fact that after years of many kisses a day, his kisses still make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love that his hugs make my world seem right and safe.
I know that I am a better person from knowing Kevin. I used to be this crazy, uptight woman that stressed out at the drop of a hat. While I won't say that I never stress out anymore, I know that I am much better at looking at things objectively. Whenever I'm about to freak out about some minor thing, I find myself thinking, "Would Kevin freak out about this?" Because my super laid-back husband rarely freaks out about anything, the answer is usually no. I have learned to go through things step by step, to look at the way that they will affect my future. Usually, it's a small thing, and not freaking out keeps it small. If it IS a big thing, I know that Kevin will always be there with a listening ear and good advice.
Our friends are always telling us that we are still in the newlywed stage. We hear that we are still just gaga for each other and that it will wear off, but I truly hope it doesn't. I hope that I will always giggle when Kevin makes one of his silly faces. I hope that we will always hug and kiss each other before we leave in the morning and repeat the same actions when we get home at night. I hope that we will always enjoy snuggling up for devotions and prayer before bed. Kevin's blue eyes are always twinkling and I look forward to the next 50+ years of them twinkling at me! Although I have only known Kevin for five years, I look forward to knowing him and learning more about him for the rest of my life. I can't wait to see Kevin as a dad. He is such an amazing husband. He has been so thoughtful, so caring. He always puts me first above other things in his life and I know that he will do the same for our children.
Yep, my husband is a pretty amazing guy. We are blessed to have such an incredible marriage. God has truly brought us together and given us an amazing, giddy, warm and fuzzy love for each other. I hope that I will always be gaga!
After 11 years of knowing Jamey, his intense looks with those green/brown eyes can still send me shivering! I don't think the gaga has to leave, it just sometimes gets lost in life, with kids, hectic schedules, etc, and it's up to us to make sure we remember why we are gaga when those times come! Nothing makes it right like a long hug from my man, and no one makes me laugh quite like he does. He does stupid stuff JUST to make me laugh, even though he knows he's being stupid sometimes! Not many people would risk looking stupid in front of others just to make me laugh! And he knows it too! Gaga doesn't need to leave!
ReplyDeleteThat's sweet :) More so, I like what you have said, "There are days when I'm not really sure where I end and where he begins." That one line made me even more accutely aware of how much pain people like Heidi must go through each day, after losing this special person in their lives because, like you have pointed out, loved ones become such a part of each other. Very nice tribute.
ReplyDeleteYou are right about that Nicole. I think about that often, actually. Whenever I read Heidi's blog I think of how hard it would be to be in her situation. You would actually feel as though a part of yourself was missing.
ReplyDelete