Saturday, April 01, 2006

Friday Date Night

Kevin and I usually try to have some sort of a "date" on Friday nights, and whether it is renting a movie, going out for dinner, or going to a movie we always have fun. I was not surprised to get the call from Kevin yesterday afternoon. He usually calls me on my way home from school on Fridays to see what I want to do for our date that night. I had actually made it home quite early yesterday, since traffic wasn't bad, and I was getting ready to meet my friend Nancy for a workout. My phone rang, and seeing that it was Kevin, I picked it up quickly.

"Hey honey!" I stated.
"Hey babe, how are you?" he replied.
"Great! How was your day?"
"Pretty good...so, what do you want to do tonight?"
"Hmm...I don't know. What do you want to do?"
"Well, do you want to go to the Canucks' game?"

WHAT!? Was he serious? I never know with him...he's quite the joker. The Canucks, in case you aren't from Canada and hockey crazy, are Vancouver's NHL team. They haven't been fantastic this year, but lately they have been picking things up a bit. I think it is because they are trying to claw their way into the playoffs. The games lately have actually been pretty exciting, and there happened to be one going on last night. The Canucks, however, have a cult-like following here and the games are ALWAYS sold out. It can be difficult and expensive to find tickets. I had pretty much figured that I wouldn't be making it to a game this year. Kevin had been to two, one with his buddy, Cam, and one with his parents in the box. His dad's work has a suite and from time to time Kev's dad is able to get a few tickets there. A few weeks ago he got three, and since Kevin is the TRUE fan in our family, I said he should go with his parents. I just figured I would have to wait until next year to go. Back to the phone...

"Well, yeah! Of course I want to go to the game! Are you serious?" I replied.
"Yeah, I just got a phone message from my dad. He got two tickets for the club seats tonight. Do you want to go?"
"Oh yeah...I was supposed to meet Nancy to work out. Can I still do that?"
"Can you be done, showered and ready to go by 5:45?"
"Oh yeah..."
"Then sure! I'll call my dad and tell him we will take the tickets."
"Sweet!"
So, last night we went to the Vancouver Canucks versus the Minnesota Wild game. It was an exciting game! The first period went scoreless, then both teams scored in the second. The regulation time ended with the game at 1-1, so we went into overtime. It was an exciting time and no one scored, meaning it was time for a shootout! This was my first LIVE shootout experience. It was intense and exciting! In the end, the Canucks lost, but I had an amazing time. Thanks for the tickets, Dad! It was a great date!

2 comments:

  1. That makes me remember Daktronics! We used to sell graphics to the Minnesota Wild. Too bad your team lost but pro-games are always fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DOES sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers