Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm Not LOVIN It!

Is it possible to get sick from McDonald's food? I thought that they nuked the stuff so much that no bacteria or germs could possibly live through the process, but I guess not. Last night in anticipation of my big run on Sunday, I ran 11K. I did a good job on it and was pretty excited. My plan was to take today and Saturday off as far as running goes to let my muscles rest and recover. Because I had done so well on my trial run, when Kevin asked if we could go to McDonald's for dinner because he wanted the two cheeseburger meal-the meal deal on Thursdays, it's a Canada thing-I readily agreed. I also love the two cheeseburger meal and I thought, "What better way to celebrate my successful run and all of those calories burned?"

So, off to McD's it was. We ordered, sat down, and began to enjoy all the greasiness that is McD's. Unfortunately (I thought at the time) my stomach filled right up. I was only able to eat one cheeseburger and about half of my fries. I was sad to see such a yummy cheeseburger go into the trash, so I asked Kevin if he wanted my other one. He said sure, and although it made him really full, he ate it. Poor guy, that would later come back to haunt him.

Later that night-3 a.m.-, when I was fast asleep, I was awoken to Kevin sitting on the edge of the bed hunched over. "What's wrong, baby?" I asked. He informed me that he was quite sure he was going to throw up. I actually HEARD his stomach gurgle and I swear at one point I saw his stomach move because the contents were churning so strongly. It soon became clear that he was NOT doing well. We were up and down, I was looking for something to help him, and the poor guy was in and out of the bathroom. It became evident that I was not going to be able to go to school today, and neither was he, because we were up all night long.

About an hour after Kevin woke up with the nauseous feelings, I began to get them too. Darn those cheeseburgers! Mine was not nearly as bad as his, probably because I only had one cheeseburger to his three, but my stomach started the churning and twisting as well.

Oh what a night! So here we are this morning, zombie-like due to the lack of sleep. Normally I would love a day off with him because we are always doing something fun, but those are vacation days and since we are both feeling pretty blah, it will probably be a day of sleep and eating things like toast and soup to help our poor stomachs recover. We are thankful that it only seems to be a short ordeal! The last time I got food poisoning-earlier this year-it went on for almost a week. Terrible! I can't help but wonder, how on earth did we get sick from McDonalds? I'm not really lovin it right now!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you CAN get sick from McD's food! I actually get sick from it at times because of a preservative in it that is there in higher concentrations at times than other. However, since you both had cheeseburgers and Kev got sicker than you and had more than you, maybe the meat was bad. Hmmm...sorry to hear about that. That's no fun at all! I hope you are doing much better by the time you wake up Sunday for your run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--I'm sure there was probably bacteria in the meat...ugh. See my post entitled, "Burgers anyone?"...I'm sorry you're sick! We never know what goes on in those places!! Get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers