In between first and second periods I was venting to my friend, Jen. I was just talking about how I had a raging headache, and blah blah blah. I was overwhelmed, stressed out, and ready to just throw my hands up in the air. She let me vent and smiled and said, "Anytime!"
I made it through my lunchtime meeting and suddenly, during third period, Jen and another wonderful colleague and also good friend, Kristen, popped their heads in my classroom door. They handed me a Starbucks Caramel Frappucino-YUM- and a little Starbucks gift bag. What was this for? They said, "Here is some sunshine to brighten your day!" I was so excited and so grateful that I almost started crying right then and there, but I had a class to teach, so I had to get it together.
After the class was over, I looked in the bag. They had bought me the cutest coffee mug. It was one that I had wanted for a long time, but just couldn't justify spending money on. It's blue and yellow and
so spring-like. Just looking at it made me smile! I walked up to Kristen's office, went inside and said, "Thanks." I have had some things going on lately that have made me a bit tearful, and when she offered up a hug, I couldn't deny it. She hugged me tight and as the tears came, I knew what a blessing it was to be right where I was.A job is just that, a job. The people that you work with, however, can make the job a true joy. I love my job. I love working with students. It is different, fun and interesting every day. I am constantly amazed by the students in our school. I am even more amazed by my fellow staff members. When I started working there, I never thought that I would gain true friends in my work place, but that is exactly what has happened. So...to the Sunshine Patrol here is my THANKS! You totally made my day!
That's a cute mug...I'll have to look for that at Starbucks ;) I hope things start looking up for you...keep your chin up! Things always have a way of working out, whatever it is ;)
ReplyDelete