Friday, April 28, 2006

Wise Words for a Friday Afternoon

Today I had some amazing words shared with me. The first were from a quote. I found it to be a beautiful quote and I wanted to share it with you. My friend, J., shared it with me at the start of my day:
"I,with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman."
~Anais Nin
The second words came from a student. She said she was noticing that I seemed to be a little off from my normal self last week. She said she didn't know what was happening, but she wanted to share this verse with me. It's amazing and truly spoke to me as I have been going through different trials and major events in my life.
"Blessed is the man who perserveres under trials, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."
~James 1:12
I hope that you can find some inspiration from the beautiful words shared with me today. How blessed am I to have such amazing people in my life!
After receiving a lovely quote from Nicole in my comments section, I decided to add a little update here. Please share your favorite quote or verse in the comments section as well. I'm always looking for new words to inspire me or brighten my day!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite quote of all time is:
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched but must be felt with the heart."-Helen Keller

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers