Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Blisters

Some people look at it as an opportunity to go on a marathon shopping trip in order to be ready for the first day.

Others might see it as the end of freedom.

Hopefully more see it as the opportunity for a new start.

To me, the first day of school means blisters.

I live in flip flops all summer long. I would wear them all winter as well, but sadly they are a bit informal for my school's dress code. They don't really go with my lovely trousers and button up tops!

Alas, that means for me, it is the time of blisters and sore feet. It happens every year at this time. After two months of no restrictions I must now push my feet into uncomfortable, wobbly shoes. Okay, okay, they aren't actually that bad. Once I get used to them again all of my shoes are actually really comfortable, but after two days of 8 hours on heels my feet are screaming!

Yesterday I wore these:
and got blisters on the bottoms of my feet. They are actually really comfy shoes! I bought them this summer in Spain and they were the perfect accessory to my first day of school outfit. By the time I got home and went for a run with Nancy, however, my feet were saying otherwise. By mile two my feet were saying, "Please stop, please stop, please stop" with each step.

Today, I had to face it all over again. I decided on a different method of torture:
Normally these are some of my favorite shoes! I love to wear them and I have used them many times since I bought them. I guess my feet were pretty out of shape today though, because by the end of the day I had blisters on the tops of my pinky toes to match the ones on the bottom of my feet!

I think that tomorrow I will go for a flat shoe of some sort and give my tootsies a rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers