Monday, September 04, 2006

Like a Good Farm Girl

My mom would be so proud! I remember hours spent husking, scrubbing, cooking and cutting corn on the cob to freeze for the winter months. I hated it when I was younger-although I always enjoyed eating the corn later on! I vowed that I would never freeze my own corn...why not just buy it from the supermarket already frozen?

Well, that all changed today! This weekend our local supermarket, Thrifty Foods, had peaches and cream corn on sale. It was amazing! So delicious, just like the corn we used to grow on our farm every summer. After enjoying a few fresh pieces I knew what I had to do. It all came back to me pretty quickly and before I knew it there I was, husking, scrubbing, boiling, and cutting my own corn to freeze for the winter. You know what? It wasn't that bad! I guess a few years can really change perspective. Look Mom, it's just like you used to do!

2 comments:

  1. How did you get your pictures to load like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those wondering, I have now been using Picassa. It's an AWESOME photo program that is FREE! You just download it. I know it's not as good as photoshop and stuff, but it is FREE! Just type Picassa into google.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers