Today was one of those days. I can't pinpoint one thing in particular that made it tough, it just was. When I woke up, my first thought was "when can I go back to sleep again?" I crawled out of bed anyway, and got ready for work. I even had enough wits about me to enjoy the gorgeous rainbow God delivered this morning. I walked around the corner to my car and there it was, brilliant in its colors. It actually took my breath away. I said, "Wow God, that's gorgeous!" Then, I got in my car...and faced traffic. It certainly can whip the joy right out of you!
Work was...so so. The kids were pretty good, but it was the day before a long weekend. No matter how great they are, they are always bubbling with this excess energy that just oozes from their pores, even when they are trying to keep it in with all their might. I also lost my prep because I had to cover for another teacher. It's not bad, but I was just looking forward to that hour of calm and quiet to catch up on the stuff I missed yesterday. Lunch time was great, because I had a great chance to chat with some of the grade 12 girls about how their year is going, but it was also not calm and quiet.
The end of the day came, and Thursday afternoons I usually meet for coffee with some of my friends from school. Today I didn't want to go, but my friend Mary convinced me to. It was great, but leaving Abbotsford at 4:30 meant that there was more traffic than I face when I leave by 3:15. By the time I got home, I was beat.
Kevin walked in the door and he knew. He gave me a huge hug and just knew. We had dinner and then he said he was "off to his parents' house for a bit." I thought he was going there, and he very well may have, but he made a great stop on the way home.
When he came back about an hour later he walked in the door. I had my head down and he walked up to me and said, "Happy Anniversary!" I looked up and there he was, with a GORGEOUS bouquet in his hands. He had remembered, even when I forgot because of the kind of day I had, that this was the weekend. On this weekend in November of 2002 I came to Canada for the first time to visit my "friend" Kevin. It was the start of us, as an "us." This was the weekend, in November of 2003 that he asked me to be his wife. It's an important weekend to us. It carries significance...and he remembered. What an amazing guy. I'm so blessed.
Hey...I left you a message on instant messenger. Let me know if you got it and if not, I will e-mail you. It involves Christmas break and us doing something in RC :)
ReplyDelete