Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh What a Beautiful Day!

When I was in grade 5, my music teacher made us watch the musical "Oklahoma." It wasn't really that bad, but then she decided that we would be singing songs from this musical at our next concert. I loved singing, so that wasn't really the tough part. It was the fact that we would have to act and dance with the boys that made it so scary. For some reason, I think it was the fear, the songs from that musical have always stuck with me. Today, the line from one particular song kept running through my head.

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day. I got a wonderful feeling, everything's going my way!

I'm on week two of my spring break. I managed to kiss Kevin goodbye as he left for work this morning and then rolled over and fell back to sleep. I awoke at 9 thinking maybe I should get up, but then I realized I was still tired, so again, I rolled back over. At 10:30 I peeked one eye open and looked at my clock, shocked that it was so late. I'll get up in 5 more minutes, I thought to myself. Half an hour later I finally rolled out of bed. I wasn't that excited to get up anyway, because lately we have had a series of gray, rainy mornings. As I rolled to my feet I noticed something different. The room was brighter than normal. I peeked out our bedroom window shade and gasped and felt like throwing my hand over my eyes. It was sunny!

I jumped around the room and ran out to the living room. I opened up our blinds and let the sunlight come pouring in! Oh, glorious sunshine! We haven't had much of it this month. Last I heard we were at 43 hours or something like that, rather than the normal 134 or whatever it is. A sunny day is something special around here right now. I was so thrilled that I didn't have to work!

I ate breakfast and then jumped in the car, full of energy and ready to go to the gym to work out. Halfway there I couldn't help but think of how stupid I was being. It was glorious outside and I was going to go into the dark, stinky gym for my workout. I quickly changed directions and made my way down to Town Centre. For the next hour I enjoyed walking around Town Centre and LaFarge Lake and all of the other beauty that is around that area. I had my mp3 player going and I couldn't help but start naming all of the wonderful blessings God has bestowed upon us.

What a beautiful morning...what a beautiful day! It certainly started week two of my spring break off well! I'm hoping for more of it tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. That song plagues me. I have it in my head EVERY DAY it seems. What's better? Plava has now learned it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. Long before my grandpa passed away he gave my grandma a porcelain doll that played that...so it reminds me of him when I hear it

    Hope you enjoyed the rest of your break!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers