Tomorrow is the big day...it's my nephews' joint birthday party. They were both April babies...Nason was born on April 10th and Jakin was born on April 30th. I can't believe how quickly they are growing up! We were so thrilled to be able to spend so much time with them at Christmas. Their personalities have just changed so much.Nason was the baby that made me realize that maybe I would possibly want to have kids someday. I can still very clearly remember the day that he was born. He was such a considerate baby. I was away at university. My college was about a 7 hour drive from home, and it was the day that I was supposed to head home for Easter Break. First, however, I had to get through a very long day. I had to help the Resident Life department interview potential Resident Hall Director candidates, I remember having an exam that day, and about a million errands to run.
I will never forget the moment that my phone rang. I was coming out of the University Police Department-no I wasn't in trouble, strangely enough our school held classes there! I guess they were low on space. I was almost to my car when my phone rang. I saw that it was Adrienne. I already knew that she had been in labour and this was the call I was waiting for! I answered the phone and she said, "Congratulations! You have a nephew!"
I just about dropped my phone! See, Nason was supposed to be a girl. After the ultrasound, the doctor had told them that he was 99% sure that they were having a girl. We were already calling the baby Mara, the name they had chosen! After I got over the shock of having a nephew, I couldn't wait to get home!
Normally on that drive home, I had to stop for gas at least once. This time I just pushed it. It starting raining torentially, and I didn't care, still I pushed on. My eyes were tired and I coasted into town on fumes, but I went straight to the hospital to meet my little nephew.
Of course I hugged my sister, but when they put my hours old nephew into my arms, something in my heart just melted and I started crying. I loved him! I barely knew this little miracle in my arms and already I was head over heels for him!
I wasn't dating anyone at the time, and I was really loving the college life. I remember that I had thought to myself several times that I would be just fine with never having kids. Once I held Nason, though, my whole world changed. Although I did not want kids then, I knew that someday I would want them. Who wouldn't?
Nason, I love your intelligence. I love when you wrap your sweet little arms around my neck in a big hug and won't let go. I love how you were my little sidekick all during Christmas break...it made it so much fun! I love your sense of humor and the silly faces that you make! I love how much you enjoy learning and experiencing new things. I love how you come up with funny names for people, and I love your smile. I pray that God will bless you and that you will continue to love learning and growing and experiencing new things in life. I hope that you love being six as much as you loved being five!
Jakin, you are such a character! You are such a laid back little kid and I love you zest for life. You can find the joy in all situations, and there is nothing quite like seeing your little face scrunch up in your silly smile. I love the way that you aren't afraid to let people know what you love, and I pray that you will always keep that joyful existence about you. Have fun being three! I hope that "Two" is a good little fish for you!
Nason and Jakin, happy birthday! Your Aunt Stacy absolutely adores you and wishes she could be there for your big party tomorrow! Thanks for making my life better just by being the two of you!
I remember you telling me about his birth as well and then seeing all of the cute pictures in your room. You're right...motherhood seemed far off back then but you look like a natural now, Stace! I love the picture with the little one sticking out his tongue...too cute. :)
ReplyDeleteThat was fun to read! Thanks! By the way, the fish is now named "three" because I guess he understands that he is "three" now too, so he wants his fish to be the same! =)
ReplyDelete