Tonight we were having friends over for a long weekend bbq. Our house needed a thorough cleaning, and I got most of it done over about two hours this afternoon. There was one room, however, that I avoided like the plague.
It's the back room. We have our computer in this room and it tends to be our "catch all" room. We kind of just throw everything we are unsure about into this room and the computer desk was piled so high with papers that I thought we might never see the surface again. The other night when we were at our friends' house I noticed how clean their computer desk was and just casually said, "Oh, how I would love for our computer area to look like this."
This afternoon, as I was cleaning in the front rooms, Kev was in the back. I wasn't sure what he was doing...maybe watching tv, maybe surfing the Internet. He had already helped with some of the housework, as well as cleaning the bbq so we could grill the steaks tonight. Suddenly he came into the front room carrying some items and said, "You are going to love it. You are just going to love it! I have a surprise for you!" After a bit, he took me into the back room and I could hardly believe my eyes! It was spic and span!
He had cleaned up all of the papers, cleared out or stacked the boxes we had been using to box up items in the room, arranged the bookshelves so they were no longer random piles, and found a place for every single item in the room. I squealed with delight and threw my arms around his neck. It was as good as flowers, or a home cooked meal, or any other romantic thing he could have done for me.
I love my surprise honey! Thanks so much! I now feel at peace in this back room and it's all because of you!
Yes, I agree, finding that the toilet has been cleaned or something like that has been done as a surprise is even better than flowers! =)
ReplyDelete