I think I hit the anger stage this week. On Tuesday night I was pretty mad, and it carried into Wednesday. On Wednesday night I went for a long run. The longest I have been able to do since the miscarriage, and by the end of it, God and I had worked things out. Finally, my heart felt lighter, and the smile came more easily to my face. Just in time...because with the beautiful weather that was on the way it would have been tough for me to go around not smiling!
The week was capped the most amazing way! There wasn't any one thing that made it wonderful, just a compilation of special that combined to make it wonderful. Even as I sit here typing this, there is a little grin that is tugging up the corners of my mouth. I can't help it, it's just there!
Why? Well, here are a few reasons:
- Last night I went to Kev's soccer game. The weather was gorgeous, and I met this wonderful girl, Golshan. She has moved here from Iran, and she is amazing! She just started English classes on May 7th, and she was so bubbly and excited to practice her English with my friend Michelle and I. She made me smile all night.
- At the same soccer game, I spent half-time grinning at my hubby, who was in the huddle. I winked at him, and sent him my best flirty smile. After the game was over and we were on our way to the car, he said, "I'm so lucky to be with you. You look so beautiful tonight in that blue shirt and with your hair the way it is. When you were looking at me I just thought to myself, I'm so lucky to be with her!" Man, I tell you what, I just about melted into a little puddle there at his feet! It makes me feel all melty inside just thinking of it.
- Today my hubby took me out for brunch at Denny's. I know this seems silly, but it is one of my favorite things to do with him! We always have good chats there, and who doesn't love a yummy breakfast that you don't have to make yourself? Since our breakfast usually consists of a bowl of cereal, a brunch is a treat!
- I went to Belcarra Park today.
I needed to get some marking done, but it was too beautiful to be inside so I loaded my car with a blanket, bottle of water, my marking, my chair, and took off for the Indian Arm area. I plopped down on the grass just above the water and sat and marked for almost two hours. I soaked in the rays, listened to music, people watched and got some work done all at the same time! Oh yeah, I also upped my vitamin D level, since all of that sun was out in full force. I'm thinking I might have to go back again tomorrow.
- When I was at Belcarra, I saw something that made me cry. There was a luau set up under one of the picnic shelters, and chairs set up like a wedding was going to take place. I saw on the shelter sign that it was reserved for a 50th anniversary party. As I was leaving to go home, everyone had finally arrived. The "groom," looking splendid with his hawaiin shirt and silvery hair, was just reaching out his weathered hands to his lovely "bride" of 50 years as I walked up. I'm guessing the party was a surprise to her, because she was looking at everyone with wide eyes and saying, "Oh hello! Oh what a surprise! Oh I'm so surprised!" When she trustingly put her hands into his and they looked at each other with love in their eyes, my own eyes welled up. The pastor began his words, and I went on my way, thinking about what it will be like to love Kevin for 50 years. It's only been three years and already I can't imagine life without him. We've been through some tough things together, and we have had so many fun moments that I could never count them all! I can't imagine 50 years of those fun moments...we only have 47 years until our own luau! I intend to enjoy every one of them.
- We ended the day with a missions fundraising dinner for our church. A group of about 20 people are heading down to Mexico from June 30-July 14. After watching the video tonight, I desperately wish that I could go. It was an amazing night! They had a silent auction, a live auction, delicious food and an amazing dessert bar! We walked away with a movie ticket packet. I wanted to go for the spa package, but when two brothers started bidding on it for their respective loved ones, the rest of the audience knew that no one else would get it! They kept outbidding each other until finally one brother won for the price of $550! It was one of the most hilarious moments of the night! The auctioneer totally knew how to work the sibling rivalry! It was a fun night with old friends, and we also met some new ones along the way!
I love my life. Even though I went through some moments of anger this week, I'm so thankful to have a God who understands that anger and is right there with me as I go through those moments. I'm so thankful for the friends that we have, they bring so much love and laughter into our lives. I'm so blessed to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Today as I sat on the grass looking out at the ocean I couldn't help but stop and think to myself, "I live less than 20 minutes from the ocean!" It's a dream come true for me! I am madly, deeply in love with my husband. People have told us that it's still the newlywed stage, but I'm thinking we are at almost three years here! I don't think it's the newlywed stage anymore! I think it is just the fact that we are trying our hardest to put our hands in each other's and then trust our lives to God. It doesn't mean that we don't face hard times, but it does mean that we are there for each other and falling deeper in love as we come out on the other side of the fire. Yep, God, you are good, and I shout my thanks to you from the mountaintops!
It's really encouraging to hear your positive outlook on everything. I can't help but smile when I read your posts!
ReplyDeleteStacy, I just realized that you had left me a comment awhile back so this is my first look at your blog! And I have to say, that I love your sincerity about things and that I could laugh and cry through the whole thing! It encourages me a lot when couples are so happy and so in love - so many relationships fail and I guess I get used to seeing them and forget sometimes that really it can be so amazing (obviously haven't experienced this myself yet...but I am hopeful for someday!) Thanks for sharing! And I am also so glad to hear that you are seeing God's goodness in your life right now!
ReplyDelete