I'm an NFL girl...always have been, always will be. In fact, I think the fact that I love football, and most sports in general, was one of the things that my husband found the most attractive about me. I remember when he found out I was a football fan...and not just a fan, but a true fan. I had a team that I loved, even though at that point in time it had been a long time since they had won a Super Bowl. The Indianapolis Colts, in fact, had NEVER won a Super Bowl while they were in Indianapolis when we met. I remember him grilling me on the names and positions of players, perhaps to see how much of a true fan I really was. Now that seems to be one of his favorite games. Sometimes when we are out with friends I find Kevin saying to whichever one of his buddies we are with, "Hey, ask Stacy the names of three or four players on "X" team! She can tell you! She's a sports fan!" At this point, I become extremely embarrassed and try to change the conversation.
The point is, however, I'm a sports fan. ESPECIALLY the NFL! A few years back Kevin and I invested in NFL Sunday Ticket and I was in heaven, for I could watch EVERY Colts game! In recent years we have passed on the Sunday Ticket in favor of saving a bit of money, but I loved that year.
This year, I find myself alone for the Super Bowl. At first I was a bit upset about this. then I started receiving various offers to come here or there, but finally decided that watching the game in the comfort of my own home, on my own, wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I have a bunch of tests to mark, which I will be able to do without feeling like I am ignoring people. I can yell at the TV when the Giants do something stupid. I can order Yellow Chicken Curry from Thai Garden later and not have to share it with ANYBODY. I can surf the Internet when I get a little bored if it is a blow out. Yeah, I guess it won't be so bad.
And in case you hadn't guessed, I'm rooting for the Giants. Not that I think they really have a chance, but I will cheer for them nonetheless. GO GIANTS GO!!! Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to the commercials as well! Since kick-off is less than a minute away, I guess I'd better go. Good luck Giants!
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
I really enjoy watching college football but have never really gotten into the NFL. I'm going to watch today and because the media has practically crowned the Patriots with the win, I'm cheering for the underdog. ;) I'm looking forward to the commercials too--I saw a sneak preview today of a few and they look pretty funny.
ReplyDelete