Today I am officially 20 weeks pregnant...halfway there! That's exciting to me. I can't believe it. Sometimes it feels like I have been pregnant forever, but other times it feels like this time is just flying by.
I will make a confession, up until this week, most of the time I was just counting down the days until we meet this baby. Pregnancy has sort of been a scary thing for me, and although I've been trying to take it day by day, there was a lot of worry there too. Am I too small? How come I can't feel the baby move yet? What if this happens, etc. Every time, I would try to give those worries up to the one who is TRULY in control, but found I was taking them back from Him an awful lot. At one point, I emailed a friend who had also been through a few miscarriages and now has the most adorable son. I asked her when she felt comfortable with her pregnancy, and she explained things and made me really think about them, and about how I was handling them.
Being home sick this week did give me a lot of time to think. I didn't feel like doing much besides laying on the couch, and I spent a lot of time telling God how sick I was of worrying about every little thing. On Friday I finally got an idea that perhaps I should read up on this! (Funny that it took me that long. Grr! I do my devotions in the morning, but it hadn't occurred to me to center them around this issue.) I took my Bible and looked in the concordance and found every singe verse I could on worry. I don't need to go into the details of my talk with God, but let me just say, He is truly amazing. He really does love us, he really is strong enough to handle all of our fears, and he really does care about us so much. The past two days have been a blessing. I'm going to continue to go back to those verses each time that ever present enemy of worry tries to sneak up on me.
Today when we got home from church, I made Kevin take the pregnancy picture! Maybe I will go with every two weeks. I wore the same outfit as two weeks ago, so you can get an idea of how things are changing! At first I was having issues with the fact that some people can't even tell that I'm pregnant, but after talking with several friends about this, I have decided that this is a good thing! I will enjoy hearing people say how great I look for a bit longer, because I'm SURE that will change in the future! I was always quite sure I would be one of those ladies that swelled up like a balloon immediately, so I'm thankful for the experience God is giving us thus far!
Here it is, the 20 week photo!
Baby and Me at 20 Weeks...Okay, part of the belly COULD be the fact that I just had lunch!
Not to worry, some people show at different times. I have a good friend who didn't even start wearing maternity pants or even look a bit pregnant until after almost 30 weeks! Every body is different...the second half of the pregnancy has the most growth for your little one, one day you'll wake up and wonder "where did my feet go?" =)
ReplyDeleteOMG, Kevin must be an expert photographer: how he lined that picture up EXACTLY like the one from 2 weeks ago...you are going to be able to have almost a flip-book quality progression of belly pics!
ReplyDelete