Friday, April 04, 2008

Sick

Well, I have been SICK this week. Quite sick! At first I thought it would just stay as nothing big, which is usually how colds work for me. They are annoying, but no big deal. Not so, this one! It quickly moved from being no big deal, to being tough!

I guess part of it was that I couldn't take anything, but that's okay. I'm willing to do that, but it just makes it more difficult. I was asking everyone I knew for natural remedies. On Wednesday, it got bad enough that I needed to stay home. I was hacking, sniffling, and my throat was so sore. I also could tell that my voice was starting to go.

By yesterday, I had what I call my Darth Vader voice. I did try to go in to work, but by the time I got there I was exhausted and felt so awful. I taught my first class, with barely any voice, and then a sub came in and I came home and crashed on the couch. My head was so stuffed up that I wasn't sleeping. I even poured warm water down my nose, trying to clear it out! Just so you know, it didn't work. Kevin came home and asked me to PLEASE call a sub for today as well. His words, "As your protective husband, I want you to be okay, and to actually GET better, and not make this last longer than it has to." So, I did.

Yesterday I finally invested in some of those Breathe Right nasal strips. MIRACLE!!! I actually SLEPT last night because I could breathe! Again, I woke up this morning with little voice, and spent a lot of the day on the couch, but I'm actually getting better! Yay! I know it could have been MUCH worse, and lasted MUCH longer, so I'm thankful. Hopefully by Monday, I will be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers