Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Perfect Day

Yesterday was my perfect day. It truly was! I didn't expect it to be so perfect when I woke up, but little things happened throughout the day to make it so.

It all began when I was able to sleep in. It's so wonderful to stretch out at 9 in the morning and know that I experienced a great night of sleep! I love it when I can wake up feeling refreshed and not wondering when the next time I can lay down will be! I also woke up to amazing sunshine! Normally our room is pretty dark in the morning. We have room darkening shades, but even those couldn't keep out the beautiful sunshine of yesterday! It was a TRULY glorious day!
I wanted to go for a walk. The thought of sitting inside when it was so beautiful was too much for me to handle, but none of my normal walking friends could go with me. Kevin's favorite things do not normally include going for walks, but I decided to ask him anyway. I was wonderfully surprised when he quickly agreed! We headed down to Rocky Point Park and went for an hour long walk together, he even said he was enjoying it! It was a good chance for us to just talk, soak up some sunshine, and smile and laugh together.
Our walk was followed by a visit to Pasta Polo. Kevin had to talk with them about catering an event for the University of Oregon, and after the meeting we decided to stay there to eat. We hadn't been there for a few years, and we were wonderfully surprised. All of the pasta and ingredients are organic and it was wonderful! I had the whole wheat linguini marinara and found it to be so filling and delicious, I couldn't even finish all of it! Now I have leftovers for tonight. We were at a lovely table by the window, and were able to enjoy more sunshine and great conversation. Lately we have been pretty busy, and it was so nice to have so much time alone with my hubby.


Once we returned home, we were surprised by the power going out! As we sat in the darkness, we were able to power up the laptop-thanks to batteries-and we got some work done for various things we had been putting off. It was fun! Kevin was lamenting the fact that he couldn't watch hockey, but I don't think he really minded that much. I enjoyed having the quiet in the house!

Our day finished with us meeting up with our good friends Dave and Michelle in downtown Vancouver. I LOVE going downtown, and we don't really do it that often. We went for a delicious dinner at Fiddlehead Joe's. I had some wonderful salmon, and Kevin's steak looked pretty tasty! Thanks to our entertainment card, it wasn't too badly priced either! The one problem? I hadn't exactly worn my best walking shoes. We had plans to walk from Fiddlehead Joe's along English Bay and up to Cupcakes on Denman for dessert. It was a beautiful night for a walk, and thankfully my walking buddies didn't mind going slow due to my sore feet and stretching belly.

The walk to Cupcakes was worth it! If you have never been there, you have to go. It is amazing! I'm posting the website, just so you can see where to go: http://www.cupcakesonline.com/cupcakes.php

They have the most amazing flavors of cupcakes. I am regretting the fact that I didn't buy an extra cupcake for today! The names are delightful. For example, I devoured the KooKoo, Kevin had the Sweet 16, Michelle the Caramello and Dave sampled the delights of the Blue Hawaii. The icing is so delcious, and the cake is nice and moist. MMMmmmM! Delicious!
As we sat at Blendz drinking our coffee and devouring our cupcakes, I sighed and mentioned how it had been my perfect day. This morning as I reflected on it, I thanked Kevin for making such a wonderful day out of what could have just been another ho-hum Saturday. Thanks for the perfect day, Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers