Sunday, April 20, 2008

22 Weeks

Today is 22 weeks! There aren't many changes from the last post. I'm not too much bigger, which I am coming to terms with. A big thanks to my wonderful friend-you know who you are-that is often sending me good reasons that it is okay to be small as far as the belly bump goes. It was pretty funny today, however, when a friend found out I was pregnant for the first time and thought I was joking. She actually said, "Are you kidding?" I'm wondering when this belly is going to really pop!

On the other hand, I did have my first experience of a stranger commenting on my pregnancy this week. That was kind of exciting. I was at our school's play and in line for the concessions with my friend. She was asking me what I was getting and I couldn't make up my mind. The concessions lady said, "Well, she's pregnant, you can't expect her to make up her mind!" It was the first time a person had commented on it without me letting them know that I was first. I have had more people at work congratulating me this week, since they posted my job for maternity leave, and it has been funny to see how many people were wondering but didn't want to ask, just in case. I appreciate that!

I'm working a bit harder on eating better. For awhile the desserts were getting out of control! I find it tough to say no to sweets and chocolate right now, which is quite different than before I was pregnant. I'm trying to get more fruits and veggies and good food though. I don't want this wee one to be addicted to sugar before it is even born! Plus, I have a friend that totally inspires me. She had a baby on Easter Sunday and I went to her shower today...she looks fantastic! I want to be like that! I don't want to have a lot of extra "dessert weight" hanging around. This week I'll have to focus more...the weekend wasn't very good as far as desserts go!

Kevin is getting more excited, I think. He was pretty excited this past week when he hugged me. He suddenly pulled back and said, "That's the first time I have felt your belly when hugging you!" He was pretty excited about that. He tried to feel the baby kicking last night, but it still just isn't quite big enough for it to register on that side I guess. I would tell him every time I felt it, but he wasn't feeling it. I think he will be really excited when that starts happening! I'm thankful that he loves my changing shape. What a great hubby I have!

Well, here are the pictures! I had Kevin take one from the front and the side...it's a different shirt now. Hopefully you can still see some change!

2 comments:

  1. You look fab!! It's very apparent in the straight-on shot. It's so hard to wait for the belly isn't it? Such a fun time! I hope you pop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can absolutely tell you are pregnant from the front view and I can see some grow on the side view too!! You look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers